Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Cotto: Kenny Bayless Leads Run For Ref Slot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    I was hoping for Smoger...he would let things ride

Hopefully having Kenny Bayless ref it this time is the 3rd time is the charm for Cotto. Kenny Bayless is what is his true kryptonite
    This. It would have been the 3rd time cotto gets murdered in the same arena with the same ref.

Comment

what no Cortez????the fix is already in

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
        I was hoping for Smoger...he would let things ride

Hopefully having Kenny Bayless ref it this time is the 3rd time is the charm for Cotto. Kenny Bayless is what is his true kryptonite
        I was about to say the same thing!! I talk to Bayless in the first Juanma-Salido fight, and told him that, and he laughed, told me Cotto have courage!!

I hope he dont let Mayweather use that damn ILEGAL ELBOW!!

Comment

Originally posted by bp4pbjr View Post
          top 3 refs in boxing in order
          1. Kenny Bayless
          2. Steve Smoger
          3. Tony Weeks
          I'd put Smoger ahead of Bayless but your top three is right.

Comment

Originally posted by bp4pbjr View Post
            top 3 refs in boxing in order
            1. Kenny Bayless
            2. Steve Smoger
            3. Tony Weeks
            Which of the would have the balls to say to Floyd with the elbows and take a point after the 2nd warning? That should be the ref hands down. It could be Tony Weeks but to me It should be Arthur Mercante Jr. that guy is a solid not BS ref

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...93&cat=referee

Last edited by Puya; 04-22-2012, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Kenny Bayless or Tony Weeks are without a doubt the best ref's in boxing today. Completely fair, understanding of fighters and the different styles. Glad they finally made the right choice for such a high profile fight.

Comment

I would like for it to be Bayless good choice but i do wonder what other refs are in the running. And i thought when talking about Floyd's elbow the distinction was made that although it is illegal to strike with it. It is not illegal to use it to shield/block. I thought that was how it was explained in the lead up to the fight. And if that is the case can you honestly say that floyd is striking with it? and if you were to assume he is do you think it just by chance that no one has been cut by it?

Comment

Wow. Did not know the man was 62. Looks good for his age..
                  Regardless, this is exactly who I was anticipating for the fight. My primary concern was choice of ref, and Bayless to me has a great rep for calling it down the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
                    I was about to say the same thing!! I talk to Bayless in the first Juanma-Salido fight, and told him that, and he laughed, told me Cotto have courage!!

I hope he dont let Mayweather use that damn ILEGAL ELBOW!!
                    You all know what Cotto did to guys who have used disrty tactics with him.

Will he do something like a jujitsu technic to Floyd if he dares to put that elbow in his face or throat. LOL

something like inthe first few seconds of this video
                    Last edited by Puya; 04-22-2012, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                      In Before "Anyone but Joe Cortez".
                      dammit........

Comment

Working...
                      X