No announcement yet.

who ranks higher judah or hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
    Mosley was P4P #3 when Mayweather fought him but was he REALLY??
    H2H Judah kills Hatton. Just so we are clear aswell, I'm white British but Hatton is soooo overrated. Even though Kostya was still a good win, lets face it, he ONLY won bcos he was too old to fight at hattons pace.
    Tszyu was still the man when Hatton beat him, and had looked solid in his ring return. Not many thought Hatton was going to win that fight.

And maybe Shane didn't deserve to be #3 P4P, but he did TKO Margarito, who was seen as the man after beating Cotto, prior to fighting Floyd. That was a good win and fight at that time for Floyd, just like Hatton beating Tszyu was a good fight and good win at that time for him.

Judah's best wins were still Spinks and Witter. I'll take Hatton beating Tszyu, Urango, Collazo, Lazcano, over that.

Comment

• Originally posted by turbotime View Post
      Anyone can play down anyone's resume.

Hatton's best wins - Tszyu, Collazo, Malignaggi, Castillo, Lazcano, Urango
      Judah's best wins - Spinks, Corley, Matthysse, Millett, Urkal, Greene

It's Hatton ever so slightly. The Tszyu win is what does it.

harry greb

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...boxer&pageID=2

un f#cking reel

to the TS:

ricky hatton accomplished a good deal more in boxing. he had a very nice career.

i'd pick hatton at 140, but at 147 i'd take judah. ricky had fast feet but he didn't move his damn head or use his legs to get out of the way. judah would be too much of a puncher coupled with his boxing skills and fleetness. ricky would be an open book for that left hand.

ricky was a wierd case. he'd close the gap, but he didn't really do a ton when he got there. not a huge hitter, just a mauler really. he might have some success against judah in getting him on the ropes, but i dont think his offensive work there would win him the balance of the round. judah would be able to tag him when they were in the middle of the ring.

if judah came in on his best night at 147 i think he beats hatton. maybe via knockout.
      Last edited by New England; 04-17-2012, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
        I'd never looked at his boxrec before. Reading all the newspaper decisions was pretty cool. Thanks for posting that.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
          I'd never looked at his boxrec before. Reading all the newspaper decisions was pretty cool. Thanks for posting that.

you're welcome

i'd love to see it for contemporary fights.

gotta let these cats down the road know about these robberies going on (campillo, abril, lara, etc)
          Last edited by New England; 04-17-2012, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -2 Scrappy- View Post
            Too think hatton is a lock is absurd imo i think resume wise and longevity judah has an arguement and head to head absolutely could beat hatton.
            H2H Judah can always beat someone but somehow he never does. Hatton won when it mattered and lost only to the very best. His career and resume pukes all over Judah from a three storey car park in Moss Side.

Comment

• Originally posted by nomadman View Post
              H2H Judah can always beat someone but somehow he never does. Hatton won when it mattered and lost only to the very best. His career and resume pukes all over Judah from a three storey car park in Moss Side.

thats judah's problem

h2h his style poses tons of issues on paper, but fights aren't fought on paper, and you dont train on paper

that and in his prime he was a brilliant physical specimen for a few rounds only.

underrated finisher, too. i remember him on ESPN dusting cats.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                Judah wouldn't be able to take Hatton's constant pressure, not in amillion years. I say Hatton TKO's Judah, in an interesting fight though.
                That's possible, but Judah at his best was very fast, powerful and don't forget, he's southpaw. Hatton has trouble with southies. I'm a huge Hatton fan but can't pick him to beat the absolute best version of Judah.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                  Joe Cortez was not the reason he he beat Hatton. You're entitled to your opinion, and it seems like you're not over it.
                  Mayweather fought Hatton dirty as hell in that fight and Cortez was a big part of why the fight ended the way it did in my opinion. Hatton was so frustrated with how he was being treated by the ref that he completely gave up on a gameplan and just ran at Floyd trying to get in any shot he could. Before that he was in the fight and had actually won rounds and almost knocked Floyd down in rd 1. That's a big accomplishment for an overachiever like the Hitman. Mosley didn't even do that well vs Floyd.
                  Last edited by Mr. Invincible; 04-17-2012, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dem Eyes View Post
                    Hatton would crush Judah.

Hatton is fast becoming one of the most underrated fighters ever.
                    How is that?could he beat the guys on Judahs resume i think not,and how can you underrate him he had a few good wins thats it.Juan Diaz is similar in talent level to be deadly honest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
                      Mayweather fought Hatton dirty as hell in that fight and Cortez was a big part of why the fight ended the way it did in my opinion. Hatton was so frustrated with how he was being treated by the ref that he completely gave up on a gameplan and just ran at Floyd trying to get in any shot he could. Before that he was in the fight and had actually won rounds and almost knocked Floyd down in rd 1. That's a big accomplishment for an overachiever like the Hitman. Mosley didn't even do that well vs Floyd.
                      Floyd would beat Hatton 100 out of 100 times get real.

Comment

Working...
                      X