Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ortiz "Rios is a 4 round fighter, good for when i need a tune up"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Ortiz forget what happened in the Peterson fight after the first four rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Did Ortiz forget what happened in the Peterson fight after the first four rounds?
      Not only did Ortiz forget, but a lot of these Johnny Comelately fans did too.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
        Ortiz won that fight. It was close, but those KDs were the difference. Weird scores all around.

Comment

Both Peterson and Ortiz are better than Rios. What Ortiz is saying in this video is not far from the truth.

Comment

It depends on how well Rios carries his weight and how he would be able to take Ortiz power. I would have to see Rios at JWW and his outgrowing JWW, I would have to see him at WW. Before I can really answer.

I know people for some reason like to overrate Ortiz, not sure if it's because, he is with Golden Boy or because he fought Floyd. Rios might not be that good, sure fine. But, Ortiz is a Judah, a Clottey to me. Mental midget, if an opponent can give it as well as take and stand up to them, then they will fold.

But, one thing we know for sure. P4P if I have to pick who's a bigger front runner between Ortiz and Rios. It is Ortiz, if I have to say who's more of a 4 round fighter, it is Ortiz. I have seen Rios get somewhat outbox, damn near dominated and score a come from behind KO, I have seen Rios get in the balls repeatedly over and over and still do damage, I have seen Ortiz quit not only physically but mentally. Ortiz might have the better tools, and skill level. But, when it comes to intangibles I would take Rios intangibles over Ortiz any day of the week. I don't know how anyone can say Ortiz intangibles is better.
            Good post. I tend to agree with these points. My belief, however, is that Ortiz is not only the physically bigger man, but the better boxer. I don't think Rios's greater mental toughness will be nearly enough to overcome Victor's advantages. I see Ortiz giving Rios a beat-down.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
              Ortiz won that fight. It was close, but those KDs were the difference. Weird scores all around.
              I agree. But, after the first 4 rounds(both knockdowns happen in round 3) Peterson got the better of him and won the majority of the last 8 rounds. Ortiz just dominated the first 4 rounds and lost the majority of the last 8 rounds. Which is something a 4 round fighter does.

Comment

I agree. But, after the first 4 rounds(both knockdowns happen in round 3) Peterson got the better of him and won the majority of the last 8 rounds. Ortiz just dominated the first 4 rounds and lost the majority of the last 8 rounds. Which is something a 4 round fighter does.
                Fight was only 10 rounds brosef.

Comment

It depends on how well Rios carries his weight and how he would be able to take Ortiz power. I would have to see Rios at JWW and his outgrowing JWW, I would have to see him at WW. Before I can really answer.

I know people for some reason like to overrate Ortiz, not sure if it's because, he is with Golden Boy or because he fought Floyd. Rios might not be that good, sure fine. But, Ortiz is a Judah, a Clottey to me. Mental midget, if an opponent can give it as well as take and stand up to them, then they will fold.

But, one thing we know for sure. P4P if I have to pick who's a bigger front runner between Ortiz and Rios. It is Ortiz, if I have to say who's more of a 4 round fighter, it is Ortiz. I have seen Rios get somewhat outbox, damn near dominated and score a come from behind KO, I have seen Rios get in the balls repeatedly over and over and still do damage, I have seen Ortiz quit not only physically but mentally. Ortiz might have the better tools, and skill level. But, when it comes to intangibles I would take Rios intangibles over Ortiz any day of the week. I don't know how anyone can say Ortiz intangibles is better.
                  Weight won't be an issue, Rios's style is sloppy and 1 dimensional IMO. Ortiz movement, speed and power would be perfect for Rios's brawler style. I mean he has yet to impress me. Ortiz has fought much better competition at the weight classes he has been in.

Bigger front runner? Id have to say Rios is, who has he beat? His resume is basic, Ortiz has at least fought and defeated much higher caliber fighters than Rios has. Id say Rios for not really proving much and having a basic style is by far the FRONT RUNNER.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Good post. I tend to agree with these points. My belief, however, is that Ortiz is not only the physically bigger man, but the better boxer. I don't think Rios's greater mental toughness will be nearly enough to overcome Victor's advantages. I see Ortiz giving Rios a beat-down.
                    I don't disagree, but again I would say that Ortiz is not only the physical bigger man but also the better boxer than Maidana. Would you agree or disagree?

But, you so how -not so much Maidana greater mental toughness- but more so Ortiz weaker mental toughness that helped Maidana overcome if you want to call it that against Ortiz.

So it all depends. Ortiz could KO Rios in 3 or Rios can out hustle, out fight, out tough, Ortiz. It all depends on how Rios carries the weigh and takes the Ortiz power IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                      Wait... these 2 used to be friends? What's the story behind this and the bad blood?
                      Victor used to be Brandons Barber....

Comment

Working...
                      X