Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people on here like how ABRIL fought??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pturtle View Post
    Same here I need to re watch again myself but while he did show good defense with excessive holding, I thought he could have really dominated the fight but he barely through punches himself. And I felt the punches he did land had just as much impact as Rios' partially blocked punches but I was giving Rios rounds because he was still backing Abril up and outworking him. I can't see how people can't understand with this explanation why i thought Rios won.
    just because you are backing up it doesn't meant you are losing the fight, that is a criminal way of scoring a fight...

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
      just because you are backing up it doesn't meant you are losing the fight, that is a criminal way of scoring a fight...
      Sadly alot of judges look at it this way.

Comment

it was a terrible fight for your homey Rios, everyone not being Rios fan enjoy it, commentators, writers, fans from all over the world and a few Mexicans, he was exposed for what he is, a limited come forward plower with not even one punch KO power.
        Are you serious? First Rios is not my homie, I like him but he's not even in my top 10, and both fighters had a horrible fight in my honest opinion. Everyone knows he is a limited come forward fighter, that wasn't exposed, may be you just started watching him and saw that, and how was his power exposed in a fight that he couldn't hit a guy flush? thats like saying because of the Tyson/Lewis fight that Tyson has no power. If Rios didn't have power why the hell was Abril holding him like that? lol

Seriously man reread what you write before you put it out here because that was a horrible argument

Comment

Clearly he won the fight and he followed a game plan that is what he did, and 99% of the posters had Rios steamrolling over Abril which means not everybody though he was that terrible of a boxer.
          I don't think that it does but when your backing up and not throwing punches then it does, its why Oscar De la Hoya lost to Trinidad. Some judges prefer the aggressor.

Comment

Same here I need to re watch again myself but while he did show good defense with excessive holding, I thought he could have really dominated the fight but he barely through punches himself. And I felt the punches he did land had just as much impact as Rios' partially blocked punches but I was giving Rios rounds because he was still backing Abril up and outworking him. I can't see how people can't understand with this explanation why i thought Rios won.
            I think the impact of Abril's punches had compared to Rios' partially blocked punches is kind of silly. They may not have been devestating blows, but they were the cleaner punches. I dont see how you can favor Rios winning because his partially blocked punches did as much damage as Abril's clean punches. I will concede that Rios outworked him, but I still favor precision, ring generalship, and defense versus just work-rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              It doesnt matter how ugly he fights, he won easily so stop trying to justify the robbery
              thisssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Are you serious? First Rios is not my homie, I like him but he's not even in my top 10, and both fighters had a horrible fight in my honest opinion. Everyone knows he is a limited come forward fighter, that wasn't exposed, may be you just started watching him and saw that, and how was his power exposed in a fight that he couldn't hit a guy flush? thats like saying because of the Tyson/Lewis fight that Tyson has no power. If Rios didn't have power why the hell was Abril holding him like that? lol

Seriously man reread what you write before you put it out here because that was a horrible argument
                man rios lost that fight

Comment

Originally posted by jtiger777 View Post
                  man rios lost that fight
                  I agree that BamBam was outboxed and lost this fight. However. Abril got away with so much bull**** that it aint even funny. Vic did a poor job of reffin the fight IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Prawn Cornelius View Post
                    I think the impact of Abril's punches had compared to Rios' partially blocked punches is kind of silly. They may not have been devestating blows, but they were the cleaner punches. I dont see how you can favor Rios winning because his partially blocked punches did as much damage as Abril's clean punches. I will concede that Rios outworked him, but I still favor precision, ring generalship, and defense versus just work-rate.
                    yea i chose my words wrong, not the same impact, Abril did land cleaner punches but i feel the punches Rios through along with his output and pressure is what won him the fight.

Comment

He boxed beautifully, people overlook the fact that Rios had the size advantage and I found the fight enjoyable to watch. Maybe if he was against another technician I would find the fight boring but boxer v brawler/volume puncher has good results.

Comment

Working...
                      X