Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people on here like how ABRIL fought??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abril is a boxer, and he proved that he's a damned competent one at that. He knew he wasn't ever going to win the fight if he fought the way Rios would have wanted to. Rios has been punched in the head upwards of a million times and probably won't be rattled by anything someone who doesn't have phenomenal KO power will throw. So Abril did what he had to do: he outboxed him at a distance, controlled the pace of the fight, and either wrapped Rios up when it had to go inside or went into a shell and made it so Rios couldn't land any effective shots.

It's Rios' fault that he could not adapt to ****. He has close to no technical skill and should have lost the decision. I am one of the few guys who picked Abril to win, based on the little I saw of him and the fact that I knew Rios is severely limited. Plus, seeing that look of confidence and total calm on Abril's face before the fight signaled to me that he was game as hell. Didn't disappoint.

Anybody who thinks Rios won is insane. Whether you liked Abril's style or not, he's the one who scored the clear shots and Rios scored next to none, and looked like **** the entire time. Abril (and by the way, Herrera) got himself some new fans last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
      Abril is a boxer, and he proved that he's a damned competent one at that. He knew he wasn't ever going to win the fight if he fought the way Rios would have wanted to. Rios has been punched in the head upwards of a million times and probably won't be rattled by anything someone who doesn't have phenomenal KO power will throw. So Abril did what he had to do: he outboxed him at a distance, controlled the pace of the fight, and either wrapped Rios up when it had to go inside or went into a shell and made it so Rios couldn't land any effective shots.

It's Rios' fault that he could not adapt to ****. He has close to no technical skill and should have lost the decision. I am one of the few guys who picked Abril to win, based on the little I saw of him and the fact that I knew Rios is severely limited. Plus, seeing that look of confidence and total calm on Abril's face before the fight signaled to me that he was game as hell. Didn't disappoint.

Anybody who thinks Rios won is insane. Whether you liked Abril's style or not, he's the one who scored the clear shots and Rios scored next to none, and looked like **** the entire time. Abril (and by the way, Herrera) got himself some new fans last night.
      No one is debating wether Abril won.. I myself agree that Abril won, but the question is, Do you like how Abril fights??

Comment

• I liked him a little better then Rios on Saturday.

And by little, I mean 117-111.

Comment

• I voted Yes, but not because I particularly liked the way Abril fought, but that he had a gameplan, stuck to it and dominated with it. He was able to adapt, change gears and completely neutralize anything Rios tried to do

Rios just came head on. It makes for great ESPN level of fights, but at the world class stage, I like seeing strategy, gameplans, use of the rings, footwork, defense and all that jazz. Rios just couldn't adapt and got that ass tapped.

Comment

• I liked his style.

He's a skilled fighter.

Comment

• Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

That's how Rios was Saturday, he's a one dimensional fighter who cant adjust. Take Sergio Martinez's most recent bout. He had problems early on and mid way through the fight, but because Sergio is far from one dimensional, he managed to adjust and come up with a KO victory.

Rios got owned. Plain and simple.

Comment

• Yeah Rios got owned but he was trying to fight while Abril was clinching and holding his way to victory. Cant believe so may people on here like that kind of style in boxing. By the way I never saw Martinez opponent trying to hold and clinch very often, did you??

Comment

• Abril was robbed first and foremost. I have never been one to complain about what a winner did. I will always talk about what the loser did not do to change what the winner was doing that was working for him. Rios lost that fight because his skill level is very low and he has no ring intelligence. None of those things are Abril's fault or problem. It doesn't matter how you win just win and you try to make things more fan friendly the next time out lord willing.

Did Abril clinch hell yes he did but all those clinches were not initiated by Abril, Rios was clinching and holding as well. That head down bully brawling style can only get a fighter but so far and Rios is fast approaching his ceiling if he doesn't start to change somethings with his fight game. You can't bully everybody and you can't outbrawl everybody and we can see he is not going to outbox no one.

I can't say I liked it but I can't say I had a problem with what Abril was doing either.
                  Last edited by tredh; 04-16-2012, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• it was obvious the fix was in. look at garcia in rios corner in rounds 11-12.
                    no worrys. BWa HA!

butt am glad to see rios going up against elite.
                    abril shoulder roll hug style sucks.

Comment

• Abril style isn't that bad, he needs to throw more punches in order to have the judges blessing. His defense worked good against Rios. I've seen worst styles (John Ruiz).

Comment

Working...
                      X