Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's why I RESPECT Cotto!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Cotto, but his fans are insane. If Cotto was more popular, they'd probably be worse than Pacquiao and Floyd's fanbases.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      I like Cotto, but his fans are insane. If Cotto was more popular, they'd probably be worse than Pacquiao and Floyd's fanbases.
      no fanbase is as loyal and devoted as Cotto's fans

Comment

Originally posted by liverkiller View Post
        Boxing warriors do not need to use plaster to win. If you ask me, his ehole career has an huge asterisk beside it. Anyway, TS hit it on the nose, minus the future champ line. Who knows if Clottey or Foreman could do it. I mean, who would of thought Zab would be champ right now after all these years?
        Foreman ain't winning another title, dude got starched by Pawel Wolak.

Comment

Cotto is 100% class, a class act both in the ring and out

What i really respected was when in the Clottey fight he was badly cut and in a fight that was clearly gonna be a tough hard battle and was given the chance to pull out by the doc/ref and he chose to fight the whole fight like a "Real Fighter" should do and he did this when he must have known he was up on the cards especially with that KD in the first.

Not many other fighters in today's game that would do the same im afraid

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            Foreman ain't winning another title, dude got starched by Pawel Wolak.
            TS was reaching a bit with that one, Yuri wont win another belt!

Still a respectable opponent though, Undefeated, experienced and a good mover with huge size advantage

Pac didnt want him because he was too tall remember

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
              Cotto is 100% class, a class act both in the ring and out

What i really respected was when in the Clottey fight he was badly cut and in a fight that was clearly gonna be a tough hard battle and was given the chance to pull out by the doc/ref and he chose to fight the whole fight like a "Real Fighter" should do and he did this when he must have known he was up on the cards especially with that KD in the first.

Not many other fighters in today's game that would do the same im afraid

Your right and I was at that fight..

The cut was caused by a head bud not a punch.

PRPP

Comment

Originally posted by PRPOWERPUNCHES View Post
                Your right and I was at that fight..

The cut was caused by a head bud not a punch.

PRPP
                Yup. Cotto had the chance to take the easy win on the cards but fought on like a warrior and grinded out a close win (WHICH HE DESERVED!)

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
                  Cotto isn't classy?
                  He isn't what you nuthuggers make him out to be.

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
                  Only a faggot cocksucker wouldn't respect Cotto.

I respect Cotto in a way but I don't fall for the "classy" act his fanatics say about him.

Oh hey.
                  Originally posted by Elzilcho.- View Post
                  Can you name me the fighters he should have fought to gain your "respect"? Not saying his the best around but I would love to read your logic.
                  I buy most of Cotto's fights and even went to NY to see him fight Margarito. READ this............I just don't fall for what his nuthuggers make him out to be.

Originally posted by James78 View Post
                  Nope, because it was a dumb statement, i therefore deduced it was from a dumb man. The fact that you think that just confirms for me that you dont know much about the sport. Stop trying to be controversial for the sake of it, i know youre trying to come across like a person who knows more about boxing than most but youre trying too hard and failing miserably.
                  And I can say the same thing about your comment so we are in a circle here. Fact?? This dude!!

I've repeatedly admitted I don't know everything about boxing but I know more than a lot of people here cause a lot seem to stick to only one boxer or a group of them.

Originally posted by War Aficionado View Post
                  LOL What do you have against Cotto? I thought you were a fan yourself. Not that I care, and you seem to have real issues with dismissing his followers ..but then you encourage fighters like Margarito whose rise to the top is sketchy at best, while his most prominent wins can now be ruled questionable. So the man respects Cotto, why the hate?
                  It takes alot to get me irritated, so I hope you don't get off on trolling posters like myself because I'm simply inquiring now. What is there not to respect about a throwback fighter like Miguel!?

Like I said I buy most of his fights. Dude is never in a boring fight. His stans however are worse than Pac and Floyd stans. They make him out to be something he's NOT!! If he was really classy he wouldn't of done many things that he has. I've already put who is the best example of a "classy" boxer. Seeing Wlad and Cotto comparisons is like night and day. My 2c.

Comment

if you don't respect cotto, you don't watch boxing for the sport u watch it to see two men topless..

Comment

Originally posted by J.Dempsey View Post
                      if you don't respect cotto, you don't watch boxing for the sport u watch it to see two men topless..
                      Wow you put a smiley face, good argument, you really made a valid point there. I for one do not even know what all this "cotto stan, *******, *****" **** is all about. To me that whole thing is just an invention by geeks like you. You just automatically brand people as a fan of whoever based on a few comments. I personally just love boxing and love watching a good fight. By saying people just stick to one fighter or a group of fighters just plays into tnis whole "stan" thing which is just nonsensical as far as i can see. Are people not allowed to be loyal to a fighter that they like though? Is that what youre saying? If so thats just a bit weird.

Comment

Working...
                      X