Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What'd Mayweather Jr's resume potentially look like if he'd spent his career at 130?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stop View Post
    It'd look just like his fighting style. Stale, boring, and predictable.
    LOL at noob with join date of this month. Youve never even seen a floyd fight at 130lbs

Comment

Weight problems would have gotten him knocked out. Best thing he ever did for his body and legacy is move up.

Comment

No 130 of this era is beating Mayweather.

Comment

I don't know. I doubt people would even move up if Floyd stayed at 130 longer.

He'd likely have had to rematch Corrales countless times and maybe fight Freitas as well.

He would have destroyed Casamayor. Then he'd go through a period of either rematches or fighting no bodies. Defending his title 15x and capturing all the belts. That's about it.

Morales and Barrera didn't move up till 04. Pacquiao 05/06. Marquez 07.

If they'd have even decided to move up with Floyd there. Not to mention he's not a natural feather, so he'd likely start developing weight issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            Sure, cuz floyd was spanking lefties at 130-135. Stevie is another one.

And dempsey, you have floyd over everyone fantasy fight wise for whatever reason, so why post?

Please note i already posted that floyd is a top 5 130 lb fighter already but lets be realistic here, at 130 he beat grinders and brawlers.
            Corrales outboxed Casa for god's sake May would have toyed with him.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
              Corrales outboxed Casa for god's sake May would have toyed with him.
              Corrales nowhere near outboxed casa. No way. I'm a huuuge corrales fan casa chopped him up in the first fight and i thought he won the second. He kd'd corrales and corrales didnt put casa down. Again, you shOw you never actually saw the fights.

Great fights though and way closer than the corrales-floyd fight. But chico wasnt going to jail after and all that other stuff.

To reiterate, casa could have beaten floyd. Im not saying he definitely wpuld at all, but ou cant tell me its a blowout. People need to stop sukin balls. Casa and stevie and castillo and manny and morales and them would have been threats.

If floyd stuck around a bit and smoked casa and stevie and mayhe frietas, he'd be the best sfw ever. I loved floyd vack then

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
                LOL at noob with join date of this month. Youve never even seen a floyd fight at 130lbs
                Nope, you're wrong. I still remember Floyd nearly begging for a win when he got destroyed by Luis Castillo. He lost nearly every single round and took off with a robbery.

Comment

that's what he'd look like

Comment

Mayweather really was sumthin special at 130, 135. For some ppl posting on here that havent had the privilege to watch this guy perfect his craft, u can actually find all of mayweathers fights on where else? Youtube! and in order from his debut to the ortiz fight. I wish i could post his pro debut on here but sadly.....i haven't made enough posts yet lol

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                      Corrales nowhere near outboxed casa. No way. I'm a huuuge corrales fan casa chopped him up in the first fight and i thought he won the second. He kd'd corrales and corrales didnt put casa down. Again, you shOw you never actually saw the fights.

Great fights though and way closer than the corrales-floyd fight. But chico wasnt going to jail after and all that other stuff.

To reiterate, casa could have beaten floyd. Im not saying he definitely wpuld at all, but ou cant tell me its a blowout. People need to stop sukin balls. Casa and stevie and castillo and manny and morales and them would have been threats.

If floyd stuck around a bit and smoked casa and stevie and mayhe frietas, he'd be the best sfw ever. I loved floyd vack then

Nah man, not Casamayor. He's a very good boxer but I don't think he would cause problems for that Floyd. Trust me, I'm not hugging bro and I respect Casamayor a lot but I don't see Casamayor troubling Floyd. He's southpaw sure but he becomes predictable over the course of a fight. Remember, he gave Marquez problems until Marquez realized he is predictable. Then he got knocked out.

I think the same would happen with Floyd. He'd trouble early, then he'd get figured out and put down.

Comment

Working...
                      X