Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd retires undefeated having beaten Martinez is he the greatest of the era?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
    So are you telling me he was trying after rd 2? I mean, he at least used to ve capable of a 2 punch combo b4.
    He was trying what his same old thing he did at that stage of his career.

Flick jab, flick jab, looping right hand, clinch. Rinse and repeat.

It was doing ok for the first 2 rounds but then as soon as Mayweather adjusted it was a wrap. I knew that going in.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      He was trying what his same old thing he did at that stage of his career.

Flick jab, flick jab, looping right hand, clinch. Rinse and repeat.

It was doing ok for the first 2 rounds but then as soon as Mayweather adjusted it was a wrap. I knew that going in.

I completely agree, but i say shane didnt/coyldnt even try after 2. He had no legs, no snap, not even a 1-2.

Comment

I completely agree, but i say shane didnt/coyldnt even try after 2. He had no legs, no snap, not even a 1-2.
        Mosley was shot, I don't see how anyone would dare argue that. He was huffing & puffing from round 2. I usually don't like to bring up that obvious thing because it's no fault of Floyd. But that win especially at the time is 1 of Floyd's best & that is truly a damn shame. That a shot Mosley is a fighters top 35 maybe 3 win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          Mosley was shot, I don't see how anyone would dare argue that. He was huffing & puffing from round 2. I usually don't like to bring up that obvious thing because it's no fault of Floyd. But that win especially at the time is 1 of Floyd's best & that is truly a damn shame. That a shot Mosley is a fighters top 35 maybe 3 win.
          I think it's very convenient that you feel Mosley is shot once the fight was commencing.

Before the fight you picked Mosley to win and despite being told that Margarito and Mayweather are different animals and that Mosley won't look like he did against Margarito against Mayweather you refused to acknowledge it and went on with your prediction.

Conveniently, when that happens he becomes shot. No surprise there in all honesty.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I think it's very convenient that you feel Mosley is shot once the fight was commencing.

Before the fight you picked Mosley to win and despite being told that Margarito and Mayweather are different animals and that Mosley won't look like he did against Margarito against Mayweather you refused to acknowledge it and went on with your prediction.

Conveniently, when that happens he becomes shot. No surprise there in all honesty.
            Iron D. Look, i too thought floyd was screwede b4 the shane fight, but fighter do get shot, and shane was shot in that fight. I had about 13 people at my
            house and i shut up during the fight, but everyone there recognized that shane
            looked like absolute doo doo. One could have made the argument that floyd took his heart but shane looked clearly shot in gis next two fights.

Comment

• yeah easily. also fighting sergio at middle weight is better legacy wise and a tougher fight than pac at welter.

Comment

• He could retire today

Comment

• Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
                  Sergio sucks. Beating Sergio means nothing.

How could it affect Floyd's legacy when Sergio was knocked down by a eurobum like Macklin and KO'd be Margarito? Pathetic.
                  more directly put..

what makes and why shoyld be martinez the sole barometer of floyd's greatness or in comparing him with pac?

Comment

Iron D. Look, i too thought floyd was screwede b4 the shane fight, but fighter do get shot, and shane was shot in that fight. I had about 13 people at my
                    looked like absolute doo doo. One could have made the argument that floyd took his heart but shane looked clearly shot in gis next two fights.

Walt Liquor hatin on Floyd? Nothin new.

Comment

I just think it's so convenient that he's shot because he looked like **** but prior to the fight the same people refused to adknowledge that Shane was shot, and that there was no way he would look like he did. What about all the people like myself who knew and aniticpated the fight to go exactly how it went? (Except Round 2)

I was at that fight and everyone around me was screaming in Round 2 how Shane was the best fighter he's faced, how he's going to win, then of course the routine "He's old" came in around Round 8.

He looked terrible, perhaps that was down to Mayweather?

As for after the fight, well, I think the Mayweather fight made a huge dent in Shane's confidence.

Before the fight he was the WW Champion of the world, coming off argubaly his best win and performance, was picked by many to beat both Mayweather and Pacquaio and then got beaten back into reality.

I think the little he had left at that point was gone for good.

Comment

Working...
                      X