Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you like to see Boxing move to the fast track like MMA???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
    No.

Inexperienced MMA fighters don't get their heads continually punched for 36 minutes. Taking on a challenge you're nowhere near ready for is a much bigger health risk in boxing, in my opinion.

You have to find the right balance too. Every quality boxer needs to step up at some point, or you end up with guys like Chavez Jr.
    Green kay my good sir...........

Comment

Very good question!

I would like to see it. Its quite frustrating as a boxing fan to have to watch someone pad their record with 30-40 pro fights before he faces someone with a pulse. JJC Jr comes to mind when it comes to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        Very good question!

I would like to see it. Its quite frustrating as a boxing fan to have to watch someone pad their record with 30-40 pro fights before he faces someone with a pulse. JJC Jr comes to mind when it comes to this.
        one prime example no doubt

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          Very good question!

You didn't have to see it he's been on TR independant PPVs for the longest in fact his HBO debut was barely last year

Comment

Povetkin and Cleverly are other good examples. Both have had a fair number of fights, both have alphabet titles. Time to step up.

Comment

The problem with Chavez isn't the fact that he is being groomed it is that he is a protected champion. Once you hold a significant belt you should be fed to the wolves as far as I'm concerned, you don't want that to happen then don't go for the belt until you're ready to take on the responsibility of a champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                You can't do that in Boxing because its a real sport unlike that gay ****.
                damn right!

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                  The problem with Chavez isn't the fact that he is being groomed it is that he is a protected champion. Once you hold a significant belt you should be fed to the wolves as far as I'm concerned, you don't want that to happen then don't go for the belt until you're ready to take on the responsibility of a champ.
                  I agree with this and it's the same boat for Canelo as well

to that matter Broner too

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Its like saying why not just take baseball players drafted from high school and college and immediately put them into the big leagues like in the NBA and NFL.

You know why that doesnt happen? Because it doesnt work
                    Isnt this what the amateurs are for?

In the NBA and NFL, where do you think the pro players come from? LOL. Yes...they come from High School and College.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
                      You didn't have to see it he's been on TR independant PPVs for the longest in fact his HBO debut was barely last year
                      Yes, but his first 40 PRO fights were against taxi drivers and day laborers.
                      Last edited by Deevel916; 04-05-2012, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X