Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people not pushing Manny/Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
    LMAO
    yeah it always makes me laugh that pacs fans always bring up the margarito body shot that almost killed pac, when asked about pac vs martinez... pac destroyed marg easily.... marg weighed 164.5 on fight night vs pac.... martinez has been about 168 on fight nights for his previous fights, so if he can do the same thing marg did and drop an additional 4 lbs on fight night why couldnt pac fight him like he fought marg?

answer: because he actually moves

Comment

I am trying to still figure out how someone, anyone can call Martinez overrated.......but in the same breath think Pacman isn't. Martinez can adapt, change the fight midfight. He's overcome great jab, greater physical attributes, bigger fighters (who weren't shot). Showed genuine 1 punch power.

Meanwhile Pacman couldn't find a shot Mosley. Allowed him to make the final bell. Then cherrypicked a lightweight only to be outboxed, turned & left with some help from 3 blind judges. Who in turn turned around & chose, (Pacman chose Cotto), but no higher than 148. Even if his fans think he beats Cotto at any weight he doesn't obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by iNDOSMOKE View Post
        at what weight again???
        At 151 but Marg rehydrated to like 168 lbs on fight night, Martinez usually rehydrates to 166/167 lbs when he fights at 160.

Originally posted by iNDOSMOKE View Post
        has martinez ever fought at 147???
        Yes he has, years ago. That's irrelevant though. He's willing to fight Pac at 150, sounds pretty fair to me.

Comment

just one more year and this will happen... at 154... pac is still growing.LOL

Comment

When Martinez was getting some heat for not fighting Ward or Butte at 168 or even 164 his trainer said he was a natural welterweight and would be at a huge disadvantage fighting these guys. Then his promoter says it would near kill him to make 150 but he will do it just to fight Pac. If Martinez is a natural welterweight why would it kill him to fight at 150 or even his natural weight of 147? I think his best weight is 154 but his trainer said he is a welterweight. It is interesting how Martinez shrinks or grows depending on the fighter being talked about as an opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              At 151 but Marg rehydrated to like 168 lbs on fight night, Martinez usually rehydrates to 166/167 lbs when he fights at 160.

Yes he has, years ago. That's irrelevant though. He's willing to fight Pac at 150, sounds pretty fair to me.
              i believe pac vs marg was at 150 and pac didnt even make 150 for a 150 fight LOL!! marg out weight pac on fight night by over 20+lbs and after the fight pac made it clear that he wont be pursuing any more fights at 150 or above. this sounds fair to me, its not like pac is still going around fighting different guys at 150.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                just one more year and this will happen... at 154... pac is still growing.LOL
                Yeah, still growing balls. Bradley is a step in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  I am trying to still figure out how someone, anyone can call Martinez overrated.......but in the same breath think Pacman isn't. Martinez can adapt, change the fight midfight. He's overcome great jab, greater physical attributes, bigger fighters (who weren't shot). Showed genuine 1 punch power.

Meanwhile Pacman couldn't find a shot Mosley. Allowed him to make the final bell. Then cherrypicked a lightweight only to be outboxed, turned & left with some help from 3 blind judges. Who in turn turned around & chose, (Pacman chose Cotto), but no higher than 148. Even if his fans think he beats Cotto at any weight he doesn't obviously.
                  yet pac won all 12rds against mosley which pac supposely struggle LOL.. pretty unheard of for a guy to look bad, struggle, but wait what he won all 12rds??? pac struggle so bad or so u say, pac cant even cut the ring off, didnt know what to do with mosley's movements, yet mosley wasnt even able to win 1 rd against pac when pac was at his worst. HAHA
                  Last edited by iNDOSMOKE; 04-05-2012, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Bushbaby you know Pac does not think he would lose to Cotto at 154 so why even say this B.S.? He is not fighting him at 154 because he is the guy calling the shots so why should he let Cotto tell him what weight to fight at? He KOed Cotto so Cotto is the one needing the fight. I think Cotto would do better at 147 against Pac than he would at 154. He would be faster and have better stamina.Why do you think Cotto, the catchweight king tried to defend his 154 lb. tittle against Margarito at a Cotto weight of 150?Do you think maybe it is because Cotto is still a welterweight? Manny is not ducking anyone . He just wants to stay at 147 so get over it. He is fighting a young undefeated black champion with speed and footwork. A fighter rated 8th p.f.p. by Ring magazine. A fighter who is everything his critics say he avoids. So you so quit calling him a cherrypicker. If he fights anyone at 154 then you will be all over him to fight all the 154 lb monsters.Let the little guy stay at 147.

Comment

they wanna say pac struggle and looked bad against mosley. they say pac wasnt able to stop mosley ( who has?). they say pac cant deal with movements and doesnt know how to cut the ring off. well i say pac won every round, if pac struggle so bad and didnt know how to deal with movements why wasnt molsey able to win a round against pac when pac was supposely in his worst?? pac perform so bad yet mosley couldnt even win a single round HAHA.

Comment

Working...
                      X