Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(POLL) Agree or Disagree: ESPN/Dan Rafael's 154 lb Rankings?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ManBearG-Dog View Post
    You really don't know much about boxing. I don't even know why I continue to debate you. Cintron didn't beat Smith. He looked like absolute garbage.
    i know that kirkland is a bum and a very stupid fighter who can't adjust which is why ishida blasted him with right hands over and over and molina was able to clinch him to death

Comment

Disagree. I believe that Trout should be top 5. If he got a shot at anyone in Rafael's top 5, he beats them.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
        The Ring didn't have Cintron in the top 5 at 154. So you're wrong with that one...But, what other publications had Cintron in the top 5 going into the Canelo fight?

And, yes Kirkland has a better overall resume. Unless you're one of those boxrec warriors that are impressed by names...They go by who instead of the more importantly when.
        The amount of times you've had to explain that when is more important than who has to be getting close to a thousand

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Volta View Post
          cintron and rhodes were both top 5 jr middleweights when he beat them

kirkland has 1 top ten win with angulo so he can't be ahead of alvarez

not to mention kirkland was stopped in one round last year by nobu ishida

it's a tight division

nobody has cemented himself as the man. thus the parody.

hopefully we get to see these guys fight eachother

i think the two best fighters should be lara and canelo down the road. with their youth and styles i expect them to make it to the top.
          Last edited by New England; 04-03-2012, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            The amount of times you've had to explain that when is more important than who has to be getting close to a thousand
            Some people just don't understand that concept. Watch people give Canelo credit for when he beats Mosley. Because of the name, the who...Not considering the when. That Mosley being shot to pieces.

It's really not a hard concept to comprehend. Don't get why so many posters get confused by it.

Comment

Some people just don't understand that concept. Watch people give Canelo credit for when he beats Mosley. Because of the name, the who...Not considering the when. That Mosley being shot to pieces.

It's really not a hard concept to comprehend. Don't get why so many posters get confused by it.
              It's always been the case. I too never understand why it's a concept so hard to grasp.

It's something that has existed forever and will always be here. Unfortunately.

Comment

i'll give canelo a measure of credit if he's able to stop mosley.

i dont want to see that happen

Comment

Originally posted by ManBearG-Dog View Post
                  What opponent has Canelo fought even half as good as Angulo? Shot Cintron?

Brian Vera and Joel Julio were better wins then anything Canelo has. I like Canelo, but don't overhype what he has accomplished.
                  This...

Vera was coming off a big win against Lee.

Granted Julio stopped K-9, I don't look that highly on the Julio win because he was coming off a loss against Dzuindruik. But Kirk did what he was suppose to do and stop Julio for the first time.

The Angulo win in Mexico was bigger than anything Canelo has accomplished. Canelo hasn't even smelled the breath of a fighter with Molina's potential, let alone got in the ring with one.

But now that I think about it, neither has Vanes or Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Volta View Post
                    cintron and rhodes were both top 5 jr middleweights when he beat them

kirkland has 1 top ten win with angulo so he can't be ahead of alvarez
                    Cintron had just lost to Molina so I don't know how he was top 5. Rhodes was top 5?

Comment

Cotto has done nothing to be considered number 1

Comment

Working...
                      X