Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins on Cleverly: Keep Bringing on The Young Guys!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
    DAMN there's a lot of haters in the thread today! Hopkins will never take this fight. Nothing to gain from this. A win against Clev would do little for his already HOF legacy and the money wouldn't be worth the risk in England. If it comes down to fighting this relatively unknown, I'd rather see the legend retire.
    if he beats Dawson, then yea there's nothing in that fight. but it sounds like a cool backup to the backup plan if he loses to Dawson. Cleverly has that belt and I believe Hopkins is at a level where he can get a fair shake in a close fight in the UK (assuming it's even close). I'm sure they'd pay him nicely, the venue would sell out.... and as far as he's concerned, he probably looks at it as easy pickens.

Yea it does nothing for the HOF career, but he'd be right back in the mix with another belt if he loses it to Chad.

but we will have to see how good/old he looks in this next fight. can't believe he's still around fighting a top guy, makes me forget his age and treat him like hell be around for another 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
      if he beats Dawson, then yea there's nothing in that fight. but it sounds like a cool backup to the backup plan if he loses to Dawson. Cleverly has that belt and I believe Hopkins is at a level where he can get a fair shake in a close fight in the UK (assuming it's even close). I'm sure they'd pay him nicely, the venue would sell out.... and as far as he's concerned, he probably looks at it as easy pickens.

Yea it does nothing for the HOF career, but he'd be right back in the mix with another belt if he loses it to Chad.

but we will have to see how good/old he looks in this next fight. can't believe he's still around fighting a top guy, makes me forget his age and treat him like hell be around for another 10 years.
      Good point bro.

Comment

weather he gets by Dawson or not Bhops not gonna fight in England for a mere 350k

Comment

Hopkins will fight every young cat out there except Andre Ward, because he said personally that Ward would destroy his ass with the same style that he has, because Ward is just to good for Hopkins to face.

Comment

Hopkins needs to focus on dawson

Comment

Working...
            X