No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez: Mayweather Fight 'Not Far From Reality'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
    I highly doubt he has a fight that quick out of the slammer. I see the Cotto fight as last fight of the year. We'll see.
    Oh no, I agree. Cotto is the only fight this year. I think Mexican Independence Day of next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
      Oh no, I agree. Cotto is the only fight this year. I think Mexican Independence Day of next year.
      Yeah that could work too. Probably a tune up on (Free) HBO once he gets out to sharpen up.

Like when Oscar had the free Gatti fight on HBO! Woo!

Comment

Yeah that could work too. Probably a tune up on (Free) HBO once he gets out to sharpen up.

Like when Oscar had the free Gatti fight on HBO! Woo!
        That would be nice but I doubt it. Floyd ego won't let that happened. If he does fight in May it would be PPV. But, I don't think he would have a tune-up he would just to go with Canelo in September. And, lets face it he doesn't need a tune-up for someone like Canelo. Maybe for a Pac or a Martinez. But, Canelo ain't shit. Matter of fact Canelo would be the "tune up" in September.

Comment

That would be nice but I doubt it. Floyd ego won't let that happened. If he does fight in May it would be PPV. But, I don't think he would have a tune-up he would just to go with Canelo in September. And, lets face it he doesn't need a tune-up for someone like Canelo. Maybe for a Pac or a Martinez. But, Canelo ain't shit. Matter of fact Canelo would be the "tune up" in September.
          Canelo or Pac right now ain't ****. The only fight that troubles Floyd is Martinez at 160. Any lower, Floyd takes that too.

Comment

Canelo or Pac right now ain't ****. The only fight that troubles Floyd is Martinez at 160. Any lower, Floyd takes that too.
            Pac and Martinez at any weight are levels above Canelo though. Just different caliber of fighters.

You might need a tune-up for them to remove rust if his next fight after Cotto is in September like how I think it would be. He won't need one for Canelo.

Comment

Pac and Martinez at any weight are levels above Canelo though. Just different caliber of fighters.

You might need a tune-up for them to remove rust if his next fight after Cotto is in September like how I think it would be. He won't need one for Canelo.
              Not taking a tune up for any talented young fighter at 36 and just getting out of jail is playing with fire. i don't think Floyd would be that reckless.

Comment

Not taking a tune up for any talented young fighter at 36 and just getting out of jail is playing with fire. i don't think Floyd would be that reckless.
                The only thing Canelo is though is young. He is not that good. Now he might improve, he might get better, I doubt it with the level of fighter they have been matching him with. No one will improve like that. But, Floyd would be safe. It would be reckless to go straight to Martinez or Pac. Canelo would be safe tune-up that he could get credit for.

Comment

Originally posted by -TITAN- View Post
                  he wouldnt beat him. sergio destroys him brutally!
                  Be serious dude. We can all admit Sergios on a nice run but he cant touch Mayweather. Sergios a tweener. Hes not a MW and hes not a JMW. 157 is perfect for him. At his age a cut to 154 will hurt him.
                  Now technically Serg isnt a volume puncher. Hes basically a jab straight left fighter. No imagination at all offensively, although he can punch. No body punching no hooks or uppercuts. Hes got good movement but he can still be hit. He was never dominate in his previous campaign at 154, which was only 3 yrs ago. Hes gained all of his recognition beating up on MWs, where his movement gives him a signifigant advantage.

Comment

Floyd Jr vs Sergio Martinez fight would be an exciting fight, but, I doubt it will gonna push through, considering the recent statement of Floyd not incline to fight strong Champions.

Floyd Jr will gonna protect his "0" and his health; and so I won't be surprise if he will continue to travel along the LEFT... preferring the LEFTOVERS.

Comment

Make it happen!

Comment

Working...
                      X