No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez: Mayweather Fight 'Not Far From Reality'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
    he's shown heart his entire career...............
    not really every fight has been at the right time he is a great match maker
    Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
    no 1 destroys floyd.no 1
    sergio will! mark my words!

Comment

Won't happen if Sergio fights in September. Floyd wants to fight in the fall/winter.

Comment

Would rather see him fight Floyd than Chavez Jr. anyway. Far more compelling fight.

Comment

At 150 Floyd KOs Martinez, At 154 Floyd UD Martinez or Martinez KOs Floyd! If Floyd fights Cotto at 154, why would he drain Martinez to 150?? IMO Pac KOs both men at 154 lbs down. Last fight of Pac I think we'll see Pac fight Sergio at 154 to erase all doubts and claim the GOAT title!

Comment

Originally posted by SugarAnt05 View Post
            Tell this mofo to become a true pound 4 pound champ and move up like PAC, may, marquez, etc. stop picking on these little guys.
            You mean move up like he already did from 154 to 160???? Martinez is legit, no question!

Comment

I do know this fight will never happen if Floyd is smart and requires Martinez to do the Olympic style drug testing. A former cyclist like Martinez certainly knows how to bend PED rules and the physical difference between him when he fought PW the first time and then abused both PW and Pavlik was remarkable.
              I am not a moralist, I deeply believe MOST boxers use PED's and until they update the testing methods I just figure it's dog eat dog and who cares. I don't believe Mayweather has, and I dont blame him for insisting on the testing. (now whether or not thats the real reason he and Pac have never fought is another story).

Comment

Originally posted by shishaw View Post
                At 150 Floyd KOs Martinez, At 154 Floyd UD Martinez or Martinez KOs Floyd! If Floyd fights Cotto at 154, why would he drain Martinez to 150?? IMO Pac KOs both men at 154 lbs down. Last fight of Pac I think we'll see Pac fight Sergio at 154 to erase all doubts and claim the GOAT title!
                lmao-Pac isn't fighting ANYONE at 154....he is too busy getting jr welters and lightweights to fight him...if he cannot weight drain them,then he will get them from lower weight divisions...no way in hell will he fight even a catchweight version of Martinez-he has been knocking people out too much.

Pac's ko power hasn't been present for a long time...the last time he truly knocked anyone out was in the Hatton fight...the Cotto fight could have finished imo.In fact,with the right gameplan,Cotto would probably have a lot of success against Pac (using distance,movement and ambush type flurries)...so long as he wouldn't ask for another weight drain for Cotto.
                Last edited by damned1974; 03-29-2012, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Floyd's going to jail, most likely won't fight 'til 2013 against Canelo on Cinco De Mayo, if at all. Hopefully Sergio moves down and stakes his claim to a Floyd fight against guys like Lara, Williams rubbermatch, Kirkland, Bundrage etc.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                    Floyd's going to jail, most likely won't fight 'til 2013 against Canelo on Cinco De Mayo, if at all. Hopefully Sergio moves down and stakes his claim to a Floyd fight against guys like Lara, Williams rubbermatch, Kirkland, Bundrage etc.
                    I think he fights Canelo on Mexican Independence Day.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                      I think he fights Canelo on Mexican Independence Day.
                      I highly doubt he has a fight that quick out of the slammer. I see the Cotto fight as last fight of the year. We'll see.

Comment

Working...
                      X