No announcement yet.

What does lineal champ mean to you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
    After Floyd broke the lineage by retiring Cyberboxingzone felt that Margarito-Mosley was for the lineal champ. It was #1 vs #3. While the #1 had already beaten the #2, and now facing the #3 would establish the lineage.

Cliff Rold-boxingscene feels that Mosley-Floyd crowned the lineage WW title since it was broken by Floyd.

By all accounts Floyd is the lineal WW champ right now.
    I agree if I was forced to pick a lineal champ but during Floyd's retirement Manny joined the conversation at 147. I do feel Floyd is technically the lineal champion at 147 though.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
      I agree if I was forced to pick a lineal champ but during Floyd's retirement Manny joined the conversation at 147. I do feel Floyd is technically the lineal champion at 147 though.
      Manny has had 2 half decent fights at welterweight, vs Cotto. At a catchweight, for a diamond title. And Mosley, after he avoided him when he was the champ. Pac hasn't come close to sniffing the lineal title at 147 or 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Who else could be #3?
        ortiz is ranked #3 by many no doubt, but is his rating as clear cut as Margarito's? not at all.

and its really beside the point, if that were to be the case then thats fine as well. i just dont see how anyone feels Williams was coming back to ww. it was clear to me he wasnt.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
          After Floyd broke the lineage by retiring Cyberboxingzone felt that Margarito-Mosley was for the lineal champ. It was #1 vs #3. While the #1 had already beaten the #2, and now facing the #3 would establish the lineage.

Cliff Rold-boxingscene feels that Mosley-Floyd crowned the lineage WW title since it was broken by Floyd.

By all accounts Floyd is the lineal WW champ right now.
          that also makes sense, and i remember reading that before as well, i think it was u who posted it in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
            Manny has had 2 half decent fights at welterweight, vs Cotto. At a catchweight, for a diamond title. And Mosley, after he avoided him when he was the champ. Pac hasn't come close to sniffing the lineal title at 147 or 154.
            Pac-Cotto was a good fight.

Pac-Mosley wasn't half decent. It was crap.

Pac-Clottey might be considered half decent, not Pac-Mosley.

Comment

It doesnt mean nothing , the fighter and who he takes a belt off under what conditions is all that ever matters , the rest is just politics , labels and hype .

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                ortiz is ranked #3 by many no doubt, but is his rating as clear cut as Margarito's? not at all.

and its really beside the point, if that were to be the case then thats fine as well. i just dont see how anyone feels Williams was coming back to ww. it was clear to me he wasnt.
                Who else could be no3? The situations sound exactly the same to me, you seem to just be dancing around it.

Williams would've come back to WW at the drop of a hat.

Comment

All he has to do is beat Vic Ortiz. Using your logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    All he has to do is beat Vic Ortiz. Using your logic.
                    No he would have to beat Floyd.

Comment

No he would have to beat Floyd.
                      Floyd is at 154

Comment

Working...
                      X