No announcement yet.

What does lineal champ mean to you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Neither was Margarito. He was just #2 by default because Williams moved up. Its EXACTLY the same.
    what part dont u get. no paul williams = margarito being the #2 fighter to just about everyone. no floyd mayweather does not equal ortiz being #2 in everyones eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      his first fight away from 147 was at 160, and kole or w/e his name was.
      Ahh, yes. That's right I just double checked.

Yeah, that was signed before Cotto-Margarito and like you said it was at 160 so that's another reason the confusion started.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Wtf? No he really really did not. He made it very clear that he wasn't leaving the division actually.
        he made it clear his next fight wasnt gonna be at ww. he had a fight signed, am i correct? he never returned to ww, am i correct? to me, its clear that the fight was a proper lineal fight. u can say hindsight this or that, but lineal titles are intaglible.

Comment

what part dont u get. no paul williams = margarito being the #2 fighter to just about everyone. no floyd mayweather does not equal ortiz being #2 in everyones eyes.
          Why not?

Williams beat Tony, then moved up. Tony faces Cotto for the lineage.

Mayweather beats Vic, then moves up. Vic faces Pac for the lineage!

Its exactly the same. Who else is there at 147?

Comment

he made it clear his next fight wasnt gonna be at ww. he had a fight signed, am i correct? he never returned to ww, am i correct? to me, its clear that the fight was a proper lineal fight. u can say hindsight this or that, but lineal titles are intaglible.
            But it is hindsight. No one was to know he'd never return to 147. Which again was born out of no one wanting to fight him there. Its just a logical absurdity.

Comment

He would be universally be ranked #3, though.

Although I do agree he wouldn't be the clear #3 like Margarito was.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Who is the clear #3 at 147?

Brook or maybe senchenko

Comment

In my opinion there hasn't been a lineal champ at 147 since Floyd prior to his retirement. There has been many champions since that time but no one established themselves as thee man at 147. Right now the only way to determine a lineal champ at 147 would be for Floyd and Pac to fight. They are clearly #1 and 2 at 147. The only way someone other than these two can become the lineal champ without them fighting each other would be to beat BOTH Floyd and Pac. If Floyd stays at 154 Manny would have to beat another champion at the 147 to become lineal champ and if another champion for an example the winner of Berto-Ortiz were to beat Manny they would become the lineal champion at 147 in my opinion.

Comment

After Floyd broke the lineage by retiring Cyberboxingzone felt that Margarito-Mosley was for the lineal champ. It was #1 vs #3. While the #1 had already beaten the #2, and now facing the #3 would establish the lineage.

Cliff Rold-boxingscene feels that Mosley-Floyd crowned the lineage WW title since it was broken by Floyd.

By all accounts Floyd is the lineal WW champ right now.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Who else could be #3?

Comment

Working...
                      X