Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez vs Lee, Winner Gets Sergio Martinez in The Fall?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang I thought I was gonna come in here and read that Lee was Chavez' definite opponent but I guess not.

So if this fight does go thru and Lee wins does that mean Emmanuel Steward > Freddie Roach?

Comment

I agree with some of the posters here. Martinez is going to grow old chasing somebody who will never be allowed to fight him because Chavez's promoters and the WBC don't want to lose a cash cow. Jr. will only fight carefully selected opponents. At this point Martinez should either drop to 154 and fight somebody like Cotto or try to convince HBO to buy a fight with Pirog or Golovkin or Geale. Strum would be nice, but he is a Germany-based version of Chavez. IMO Martinez is too small for Ward or Bute, although he would make some good money getting beat

Comment

I actually give Lee a pretty good shot at winning this.

If Lee uses the Carlos Molina tactic of clinching, he will nullify Chavez's most powerful weapon: fighting in close quarters.

Lee will be the more effective fighter on the outside. As soon as Chavez gets close, all Lee has to do is clinch. Don't clinch and fight, but just straight up clinch and wait for the ref to break them up.

Sadly to say, this fight won't come down to the fighters, like it should. But the ref's judgement during clinches will play an 80% role.

Comment

Strip this BUM chavez jr! Sergio is the TRUE wbc champ. Lou shouldnt let chavez jr fight anyone but sergio. Sue this P#SSY stop this fraud from scamming boxing fans with C class fighter and stop him from making $$$$. Wbc stole the WBC belt away from sergio. Chavez jr will fake a injury or just run away like he has......way to show your mexican warrior chavez jr.....BIGGEST BIT@h in boxing chavez jr.....45+fights,190lber fighting at 160(already popped on testing) running away from a true 154-160lber.
          Hoping tomorrow is the day BOb Arum dies

Comment

remember this, they will make up an injury, JCChavez jr. won´t recover and finally Lee and Martinez will be fighting for the title in september and the mexican chicken will move unbeaten to 168 ...

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
              I actually give Lee a pretty good shot at winning this.

If Lee uses the Carlos Molina tactic of clinching, he will nullify Chavez's most powerful weapon: fighting in close quarters.

Lee will be the more effective fighter on the outside. As soon as Chavez gets close, all Lee has to do is clinch. Don't clinch and fight, but just straight up clinch and wait for the ref to break them up.

Sadly to say, this fight won't come down to the fighters, like it should. But the ref's judgement during clinches will play an 80% role.

I don't give Lee a chance at all. Chavez Jr, for all the crap he gets around here, is a great talent and he gets bigger and better every time out.

I see Chavez Jr. knocking out Lee in pretty brutal fashion. And, I think Chavez Jr. is just too big for Martinez.

Chavez Jr. is going to end up fighting at light heavy and cruiserweight before his career is over and probably winning titles there as well. He's a phenom. He really is.

Comment

lee's not the answer he's just another pay day. he' a taller version chavez jr. his defense is terrible and takes way too many punches, chavez jr. should win on just his pedigre alone. i seriously doubt that chavez jr gets in the ring with martinez anytime this year, but the very moment chavez jr. gets stripped he'll lose the rest of what little credibility he has left.

Comment

This Chavez Jr./Martinez stuff reminds me of when Oscar De La Hoya was supposedly ducking and "terrified" of Genaro Hernandez. And then they fought, and Oscar won every round and made Hernandez quit.

Not only do I think Chavez is too big and strong for Martinez, but I think Chavez will beat him when they do fight.

And all the guys saying Chavez was scared will fade away and hope everyone forgets what they said, just like the guys who said Oscar was afraid of Hernandez.

Comment

Lee went life and death with a mediocre club fighter in McKewen who Quillin blew out with ease. Lee would get hammered by Chavez in an easy win. They are milking Chavez for every penny. So much for the WBC promising to strip Chavez after February. But I don't see Martinez having an easy time with Chavez and in fact it would be a struggle for both.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                      Lee went life and death with a mediocre club fighter in McKewen who Quillin blew out with ease. Lee would get hammered by Chavez in an easy win. They are milking Chavez for every penny. So much for the WBC promising to strip Chavez after February. But I don't see Martinez having an easy time with Chavez and in fact it would be a struggle for both.
                      Martinez would easily beat chavez, chavez is slow as **** and would be easy meat for him, late round mercy stoppage for martinez. Lee should also be able to out box chavez for a point win if he plays it smart. He's much better than chavez on the outside and is getting better at avoiding infighting and wars with every fight. The problem is the judges would likely be out screw lee.

Still perhaps Steward is aware of this, so i wouldn't count out a stoppage. Either way Lee + Steward > than Chavez + Roach

Comment

Working...
                      X