Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Usher To Play Sugar Ray Leonard In Movie 'Hands Of Stone' along with Robert De Niro!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntonTheGreat View Post
    if jay hernandez aint playing duran, its already a fail.

Gael Garcia Bernal is playing Duran. He's a very talented actor.

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
    this has already been shared, but isn't it al pacino who will play ray arcel?
    Yea, that's what I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      I thought it was Al Pachino too? WTF???

And people are such haters, the movie isn't out yet, not even a glimpse of Usher's portrayal and already people are being negative. SMH, Usher will put on a great performance, the guy is gonna be a great SRL. Look up his background, he's done some acting before so no need to ignorant.
      But he's not even an actor. Its kinda a slap in the face to young black actors.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        The only exception I would have made is if he looked like him...which he doesn't

Comment

WTF? Usher is gonna look ridiculous with the mini fro Ray used to sport.

Comment

Usher's done a little acting, thought he was pretty good in Light It Up. And he resembles Sugar Ray Leonard and has a boxer build body wise *pause*, plus he's a great dancer so that will help playing SRL in some of the fight scenes. I doubt his role is even that big plus he brings a huge name to a boxing film (along side Pachino).

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              Usher's done a little acting, thought he was pretty good in Light It Up. And he resembles Sugar Ray Leonard and has a boxer build body wise *pause*, plus he's a great dancer so that will help playing SRL in some of the fight scenes. I doubt his role is even that big plus he brings a huge name to a boxing film (along side Pachino).
              They might as well have really taken the piss and chosen Chris Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post

Usher has been tapped to play boxing legend Sugar Ray Leonard in the upcoming film Hands of Stone, the singer confirmed in an interview with BBC.

"I'm in preparation for a very incredible role," Usher said. "If you see me in the corners boxing, I'm doing that while working on this album."

Usher will star opposite Robert De Niro and Gael Garcia Bernal in the picture, which tells the story of another ring great, Roberto Duran.

De Niro is cast as boxing trainer Ray Arcell - who coached Duran to 18 world champions.

Leonard won championships in five different weight classes. He fought Duran on three separate occasions - winning twice.

No word yet on when production will start.
                http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/blo...hands-of-stone

Sheeeit...at least it ain't CeeLo....

Comment

They might as well have really taken the piss and chosen Chris Brown
                  That Chris Brown can throw a punch to...ask Rihanna

Comment

Yeah yeah yeah yeah (usher voice) but in real life no wtf were they thinking? This is horrible

Comment

Too many people are making a big deal about this. This is a movie portraying the life of Duran. Not SRL, we don't even know yet how big of a role he is going to have. Everyone needs to calm down.

Comment

Working...
                      X