The Holding Needs To Stop

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Molina Hugs 41 Kirkland Punches Landed 40

Comment

I was thinking the same adjective disgusting. Molina was holding to the point where he would throw his shots and then grab and walk him across the ring. I was like the WTF. I dont wanna see Molina fight again. No wonder he keeps coming up short in big fights, the judges are probably disgusted with his style.

Comment

Holyfield did that to Mike Tyson also. I hate when fighters do that.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
          I'm consistent, at least

There were sometimes where Molina would just hold, but the majority of the time was Molina letting his hands go and then holding. He'd blast Kirkland with a left hook and a right hand then grab.

Molina-Kirkland reminded me of a poor man's Mosley-Margarito than say Hopkins/Ward. If Molina had any power at all, the fight would have been very similar to Mosley-Margarito. Mosley would blast Margarito, but also clinch him and push him around.

This is what Kirkland was doing. He was bullying the bully.
          Again, I beg to differ with that statement... Kirkland was never hurt or reeling, because as you pointed out and we all knew, Molina's not the biggest puncher, by far. Mosley was landing all sorts of clean shots and was moving around the ring, without holding. Molina was landing clean shots, in the 20 seconds a round that he'd actually box, and not move around the ring slow-dancing with Kirkland. This fight was nothing like Mosley-Margarito. There was barely any action in this fight because one guy wanted to hug.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
            but u love hopkins fighting like that,But not cool when molina does it?
            B.Hop might do the same things but he makes it look good....thats the difference between a LEGEND and a JOURNEY dude...get it?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
              Shane Moseley did the same vs Margarito and I didn't see anywhere near as many complaints on here. Mosely will try the same vs Alvarez. The latter will be y'all's chance to criticize when it's done to a Mexican too. We'll see.
              Oh my god...
              Seriously mate you're being so biased I love Mexican fighters but Molina was a disgrace last night, just because you get away with something doesn't mean you should do it!
              If you have any ounce of integrity and sportsmanship you'd understand that.
              I think Molina could of easily took this fight and won it minus all the spoiling of holding Kirkland and pushing him up against the ropes to tire him out said it once I'll say it again this is boxing not wrestling.

I think If you should be complaining about anything It should be the judge who had Morales behind 9rounds against Danny Garcia who in my opinion got a very generous decision, he didn't look like a champion he didn't look like he wanted it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
                tell that to mayweather and hopkins.............
                You are a UNDISPUTED HATER and the guy in your Avi should fu_king retire.

Give me one fight where FLOYD MAYWEATHER held EXCESSIVELY....Molina clinched 78 times last night.

Comment

people act like the young prime Hopkins hugged alot. i didn't see him hugging Tito when he was beating playing the drums on his head. didn't see him hugging Glen Johnson when he stopped him too. old man Bernard didn't need hugging to beat Tarver or Pascal both rated #1 at LHW. Heck he didn't need no hugging to make a fool out of Pavlik.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                    B.Hop might do the same things but he makes it look good....thats the difference between a LEGEND and a JOURNEY dude...get it?
                    Are you kidding me man?

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                      As a Hopkins/Ward fan, I loved the holding.

It sounds strange, but the difference between what should be allowed in this fight and other circumstances is that this method is much more of a tactic. Molina, while holding a lot, still threw a lot of punches. He used it to his advantage and did it to disrupt Kirkland's rhythm.

What someone like Andre Berto does is that he holds whenever someone gets close and just does it for the sake of holding. It isn't used to disrupt someone's rhythm, but just used in a negative fashion. This takes away from the fight and is just **** to watch. People like Ruiz and Berto do this all the time.

Sorry if this post isn't that clear and I realize it can become very subjective on what is being used as a tactic and what is used for being negative, but I tried to outline it the best way I could.

I don't mind when it's used as a tactic and I like watching it. It's not "boring" to me where as the other kind is.

No no no. It was worse because he wasn't just clinching. He was holding Kirkland's a gloves down specifically, he was headbutting him on the jaw as he football-shoved James back, he clinched Kirkland AND the corner post at the same time trapping him there without doing any actual punching, he rabbit punched Kirkland repeatedly, he hit him on the break repeatedly, he head locked him repeatedly, he pushed his head down and tea-bagged him like a kid playing Halo over and over and probably did even more stuff I'm forgetting to mention.

This guy was trying to get away with clinching a dozen times per round for 10 seconds at a time and throwing a couple of punches after shoving Kirkland's hands to his side or hitting on the break. Once the ref started breaking them properly in the last couple of rounds Kirkland caught Molina and had him headed on an express train to palookaville, Population: Carlos "Reverse Dry Hump" Molina.

If Molina had fought like an actual fighter (you know, like when he whupped on Cintron and ran Lara close with some but far fewer fouls) he'd have my respect but he was pulling a John Ruiz con-job in there and as soon as legal Boxing ensued James was about to put him to sleep.

Get a competent ref in there for a rematch and Molina is either DQ'd by the 7th or KTFO by Kirkland.

Comment

Working...
                      X