• Show
Clear All

I didn't like the holding.

Kirkland was outclassed. lol

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
      I didn't like the holding.

Kirkland was outclassed. lol
      No bull at all. For the 20 seconds each round that Molina actually boxed, he was outclassing Kirkland... the other 2:40, he hugged Kirkland. MMA-ish, indeed.

Comment

We don't accept it unlike alexander and hopkins fans.

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
        I never want to hear a mexican complaining about holding again.

Comment

Originally posted by piojo del norte View Post
          We don't accept it unlike alexander and hopkins fans.
          The difference between them and Molina is that they at least box in spurts and throw some punches inside during the clinch.

Molina was blatantly holding and trying to steal time. That's not boxing.

Comment

As a Hopkins/Ward fan, I loved the holding.

It sounds strange, but the difference between what should be allowed in this fight and other circumstances is that this method is much more of a tactic. Molina, while holding a lot, still threw a lot of punches. He used it to his advantage and did it to disrupt Kirkland's rhythm.

What someone like Andre Berto does is that he holds whenever someone gets close and just does it for the sake of holding. It isn't used to disrupt someone's rhythm, but just used in a negative fashion. This takes away from the fight and is just **** to watch. People like Ruiz and Berto do this all the time.

Sorry if this post isn't that clear and I realize it can become very subjective on what is being used as a tactic and what is used for being negative, but I tried to outline it the best way I could.

I don't mind when it's used as a tactic and I like watching it. It's not "boring" to me where as the other kind is.

Comment

I don't like the holding from anyone period. It's probably weird but I am ok with a boxer holding if he is hurt just because it prolongs the fight!

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
              The difference between them and Molina is that they at least box in spurts and throw some punches inside during the clinch.

Molina was blatantly holding and trying to steal time. That's not boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                As a Hopkins/Ward fan, I loved the holding.

It sounds strange, but the difference between what should be allowed in this fight and other circumstances is that this method is much more of a tactic. Molina, while holding a lot, still threw a lot of punches. He used it to his advantage and did it to disrupt Kirkland's rhythm.

What someone like Andre Berto does is that he holds whenever someone gets close and just does it for the sake of holding. It isn't used to disrupt someone's rhythm, but just used in a negative fashion. This takes away from the fight and is just **** to watch. People like Ruiz and Berto do this all the time.

Sorry if this post isn't that clear and I realize it can become very subjective on what is being used as a tactic and what is used for being negative, but I tried to outline it the best way I could.

I don't mind when it's used as a tactic and I like watching it. It's not "boring" to me where as the other kind is.
                You need to watch the fight again when it's posted then. Giant difference in the way Ward/Hopkins use clinching and how Molina used it against Kirkland. There were numerous times when Kirkland was walking in.... that's it, just walking in without throwing a jab or any punches... and Molina automatically responded by holding instead of boxing his ears off. Lara, Mayweather, any technician would have a field day against Kirkland. Molina opted for the Ruiz route which caught me by surprise since he always opts to let his hands go (as evident in previous bouts). This was pathetic, though. Molina doesn't deserve a rematch.
                Last edited by deejd; 03-25-2012, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by piojo del norte View Post
                  I don't like the holding from anyone period. It's probably weird but I am ok with a boxer holding if he is hurt just because it prolongs the fight!
                  Completely understand, man. I'm not a fan of holding either. I absolutely enjoy the technicians of the sport, but I also like the Kirkland's as well. Kirkland doesn't do any holding, even when he gets rocked or dropped, he still throws his hands instead of clinching, that's what bothered me the most about this. One guy wants to work and the other wants to weasel his way to points via hugging.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    the ref ******, he should have warned molina and even taken points. but he didn't so we can't fault molina, although I have no interest in watching that.
                    you just made yourself look so biased for blacks, mr Jotopkins fan.....smh

Comment

Originally posted by -TITAN- View Post
                      cotto????????????????
                      Cotto will get held like a mofo vs Mayweather before he gets tko'd late. Without that Cotto wins easy. He's more durable, he hits harder and has more guts. How ironic that in the world's toughest sport hugging is superior to toughness.

Comment

Working...
                      X