Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Sr. Confident 'Jr.' Will Face Sergio Martinez on 9/15

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep in mind Chavez Sr. is a proud dude and is proud of his son so I can't fault him for standing up for his son not wanting him to look like a punk or a cheater.

Unfortunatly for him Bob Arum has no such issue with how people think of Chavez Jr. and he is the guy running his son's career~

Comment

Originally posted by 2stepshep View Post
      Chavez Sr. must be confident that Jr. is leaving Arum because that's the only way the fight is going to happen. That and the fact Jr. is willing to take a drug test.

If Jr. leaves Arum that would be great. That would be two of his cash cows having done left him. The first one being Cotto. After that maybe his last cash cow in Pac will leave his ass too and we can call it a day.
      Even if he leaves Arum (which he won't) he's not going to take the test.

Comment

Maybe he is taking some PEDs, but I got a feeling it has more to do with Chavez Jr. using some illegal recreational drugs while he's out partying. Those aren't allowed in boxing either. And it might tarnish his rep a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by norway View Post
          Sick and tired of all bums who keep talking about how afraid Chavez is !!! Did any of you guys notice that idiot Sergio got his ass beat the last 2 fights. Chavez will wipe the ring with Sergio !!!!!!
          got his ass beat? he had competitive fights with very good fighters. Just because they weren't huge names doesnt mean they aren't good. Chavez is the perfect example of the opposite. Plus I'm willing to take the man at his word when he said he was injured for the barker fight. I just dont understand the hate. Sergio took the hard road to get where hes at while Chavez took the easiest. I dont know who taught you about boxing but they messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            Maybe he is taking some PEDs, but I got a feeling it has more to do with Chavez Jr. using some illegal recreational drugs while he's out partying. Those aren't allowed in boxing either. And it might tarnish his rep a bit.
            I don't think so. The guy is clearly using diuretics to lose massive amounts of water. It's not natural to lose over 10% of body weight and then regain it in just one day and still look like nothing happened. Losing those 20 pounds of water leads to severe dehydration and is very dangerous.

Comment

Who's fighting Chavez Sr or his son???. I believe boxing should do better testifies regardless of what title is on the line. There's to much at stake to be BS,ing with peoples lives.

Comment

sr is sounding stupid saying that martinez style is not crowd pleasing, he's knocking everybody out lately! jr is the one with the weak style pushing much lighter fighters around the ring without knocking anybody out.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                  just saved that pic. is it cool if i use it as my sig in the future? haha. this is seriously funny though. it's simple, if you got nothing to hide, take the test. daddy chavez making excuses is pathetic. i doubt this fight seriously gets made this year. dibella talking about martinez fighting in the summer as well chavez fighting in june, this won't happen in september. if anything, just vacate and move up if he doesn't want to fight. i'm sure they'll find a way out of it. asking for better testing is certainly a way.
                  Yes, Use it! I did it today.

You can also use this...

Comment

Chavez=Fraud

Chavez is not just ducking Sergio. He is ducking all top Middleweights. Chavez has not beaten anybody. Chavez is a fraud and so is the WBC. Chavez wants to fight Margarito because he is a lot smaller and slower. Only an idiot would pay to see that scam of a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
                      I mean Sergio did look vulnerable in his last few outings I'll give em' that but in no way shape or form did he lose, or loses to Chavez Jr. if that fight ever gets made...
                      Well, EVERY boxer is vulnerable and have styles they struggle with NOBODY is unbeatable.

Comment

Working...
                      X