Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greater Fighter: Chavez Sr or Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Floyd is better technically but accomplishments it's Chavez all day.

Comment

El Gran Campeon

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
        Chavez is the greater as of right now. If Floyd retired today I would rank Chavez higher. But, Floyd still fighting, we don't know where he will end up when it's all said and done. He could very well rank above Chavez.

Also, I think Chavez beats Floyd H2H at 135. JMO, I'm not convinced in Floyd at 135. And, I think 135 is when Chavez started hitting his prime.
        That is the weight where this fight would be best, and Chavez might beat Floyd.

Comment

What no voting poll???

Sr.Chavez

Comment

I agree that Floyd would probably beat Chavez sr, but what if he managed to beat him up like he did Meldrick Taylor? I know people will say Floyd's defense is too good, but it can't be impossible to breach, and if there's anyone who knows how to break someone's will by pressuring them it's Chavez. I'd love to watch Floyd-Chavez in a 15 round fight prime 4 prime at 130, 135 or even 140lbs.

If it was 15 rounds, i'd give the edge to Chavez, and I know for sure that it'd be a great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
              I agree that Floyd would probably beat Chavez sr, but what if he managed to beat him up like he did Meldrick Taylor? I know people will say Floyd's defense is too good, but it can't be impossible to breach, and if there's anyone who knows how to break someone's will by pressuring them it's Chavez. I'd love to watch Floyd-Chavez in a 15 round fight prime 4 prime at 130, 135 or even 140lbs.

If it was 15 rounds, i'd give the edge to Chavez, and I know for sure that it'd be a great fight.
              floyd is a much better fighter than taylor and at 135 he had more power as well. i dont think sr beats floyd at any weight, imo but i do think hes the greater fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                as of right now?

probably SR

he gets overrated often but he's one of if not the greatest fighter ever from mexico.

his resume is incredible. lots of bums on there, but what a run he had. over a huge period of time, too.

floyd beats up a few top flight scalps and i'll put him in the discussion with guys of that tier.

i think floyd's a better fighter and would beat SR in virtually every weight class in which he campaigned. i think the best fight would be at 130. floyd's classic perhaps. most great fighters have one, but floyd's never been pushed enough to be in one.

i think chavez' chin, consistency, and power at 130 would give floyd some issues. i still think floyd beats him in a decision.
                i have a hard time seeing anybody without huge physical advantages beating floyd mayweather, maybe duran or benny leonard, but those are superhuman fighters at 135 and beyond chavez.
                perhaps whitaker at 135

i dont think a smaller pressure fighter fits the bill for a style to beat mayweather.
                I don't think that Chavez is a smaller fighter, ust about the same size probably. Chavez was far to full of energy, like a tiger, for Mayweather to use his slickness against. I believe that Chavez would have rushed him around the ring, forcing him to tie up all the time, and f he used his elbow, he'd get it back with interest. Chavez might have a shorter reach but he covers the distance too quickly for Mayweather to make any use of it.

Possibly Mayweather could box to a victory, but I doubt it.

Comment

Chavez Sr.

Comment

Floyd is the better defensive boxer. Oh sorry you werent asking that were you, the better fighter is Sr.

Comment

mayweather jr

Comment

Working...
                      X