Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Heavyweight Super Six? Povetkin, Huck, Chisora, Haye?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tons of problems with this:

- We already know who the top two heavyweights in the division are, and they won't ever fight each other let alone on a Sauerland promotion, so the whole tournament becomes nothing more than an elaborate number 1 contender type thing. There are easier ways to do that.

- Whilst all these fighters are tied up in this tournament, I doubt they'd be contractually free to fight anywhere else, which even further deprives the division of quality contenders to the Klits.

- Povetkin, Dimitrenko and Haye are all big ******* or divas with a history of pulling out of fights. None of those guys would be willing to go through the tournament format without sustaining some "injury" or other.

- Many of the top heavyweights at the moment are awful fighters from an entertainment point of view, or just simply look like slobs. That might seem a superficial point, but if a tourny like this is designed to appeal to the mainstream, then putting Tony Thompson and Chris Arreola all over the screen isn't a good representation of the sport at all.

If they're gonna do a tournament like this they need to get a mix of young, upcoming fighters like Price and Wilder, smaller but more experienced contenders like Adamek and Chambers, and a couple of big power punchers like Mitchell and Pulev. Just picking the top 2-8 fighters on boxrec isn't going to cut it.

Comment

this would work well if the klits retired with the belts or something and it was to decide a new champ, but when iuts just for like I dunoo the number 1 contender its kinda pants ... anyway haye wouldn't take part

but yeah in a few years a tournament with like seth mitchell, mike perez, Fury, Price, Helenius Potevkin or something similiar would be pretty class

Comment

Originally posted by Russ James
        After the K bros. the six best active heavyweights are (in order):

1. Povetkin
        2. Chagaev
        3. Adamek
        4. Dimitrenko
        5. Arreola
        6. (Tony) Thompson

A tournament with them in it, would be something I'd love to see.

picking a random fuking year from the 90's

HW RANKING TOP 6 1993

RING MAGAZINE

Riddick Bowe
        Lennox Lewis
        Evander Holyfield
        Razer Ruddock
        Michael Moorer
        George Foreman

.....and people wonder why the Kbros get no credit

Comment

Prime Lennox Lewis walks through all six of these tomato can bums in a week. Only taking Wednesday off.

He then walks through both Kbros by week 3.

Old 46 year old Lennox Lewis as of right now can probably walk through all six of these bums minus the Kbros

Comment

Originally posted by j69madrox View Post
            The idea is awesome. Highly doubt it happens. The 2 American's should be Chris Arreola and Seth Mitchell, or even Tony Thompson. The problem here is when there is supposedly noone for the Klitschkos to fight, everyone out there for them is wrapped up in this tournament, unless the fight Fury, Price, Pulev... I would love to see an 8 man single elimination tournament. Winner is guaranteed Wladamir Klitschko. I don't think anyone can beat the Klitschkos, but when the rest of the division fights eachother, there is definetly entertaining fights in the division.
            no there isn't.

get off the Current HW Division bro.

It's over.

The only chance anyone have is if Anthony Joshua becomes the next Lennox Lewis

if that don't happen the HW will never recover

every single guy atm is a bum and when bums fight bums it's just a bum fight

I can pay two bums off the streets of newcastle and make them fight. pROBABLY be better then watching tyson fury uppercut himself again

Comment

Originally posted by polarcub View Post
              Prime Lennox Lewis walks through all six of these tomato can bums in a week. Only taking Wednesday off.

He then walks through both Kbros by week 3.

Old 46 year old Lennox Lewis as of right now can probably walk through all six of these bums minus the Kbros
              Your trolling attempts lack wit or subtlety.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadman View Post
                Your trolling attempts lack wit or subtlety.

I'm a troll?

Why ? Because I refuse to type out long fuking drawn out paragraphs to explain myself?

Fine..

You think Prime Lennox Lewis can't take out these 6 bums in succession?

Yes or no.

If you answer no you are a moron. No offense

But let me ask you

CAN PRIME lennox lewis take out all six of these bums one after the other in succession? yES OR NO?

If the answer is yes. How am i a troll

Comment

The reason I don't bother typing 20 paragraphs explaining why Prime Lennox can take out this 'super 6' by himself without even working hard is because it is too obvious. Don't make me 'break down' Prime Lewis vs Tyson Fury

But fine. I'll do it anyways

Bell Rings. Fury walks in . Get hit by Lennox . Goes down. Ko1 Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by polarcub View Post
                    The reason I don't bother typing 20 paragraphs explaining why Prime Lennox can take out this 'super 6' by himself without even working hard is because it is too obvious. Don't make me 'break down' Prime Lewis vs Tyson Fury

But fine. I'll do it anyways

Bell Rings. Fury walks in . Get hit by Lennox . Goes down. Ko1 Lewis
                    yeah, but everybody already knows this, whats the point it stating the obvious over and over again? So lewis could beat em all, Bowe could beat em all, Joe Louis could beat em all ... so fecking what? lewis and Bowe or whoever are long gone ... we can only work with what we got I mean you might as well say this line up is crap Batman could beat em all

Comment

Holyfield!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X