Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Ortiz the Next Undisputed Champ At 147?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see Ortiz possibly winning one more title at 147, and than going to 154 at some point in the next couple years, and he'll probably win a title there.

In the end, I see Ortiz having like 2-3 titles in 2 weight classes, some good/solid wins, but not an undisputed king in any weight class or anything.

He'll definitely be better than a Ricardo Mayorga, Fernando Vargas, or Juan Manuel Lopez.

I can see Victor Ortiz being an Arturo Gatti or Zab Judah type of career when it's all said and done. A good fighter, some good wins, won world titles, but not the upper or top tier fighters.
    Last edited by 4Corners; 03-22-2012, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
      Still here, from what I know not banned at all. But, nice try though

Think about it, if that account was banned, then this account would be banned as well. Now try again

Ortiz?
      Different IP address. It's not rocket science kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Senchenko actually
        You can't be serious???

Comment

My answer would be no, he's too mentally weak for me. IMO he beats berto again but loses to Brook, Khan, Devon and even Guerrero depending on how well he moves up all have a very good chance to beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
            He'd kill Rios.

kill?
            no.

he'd beat rios, though, i agree.

the size really is not that far apart. rios is a very big kid.

they're about 5-10 lb apart in natural size (walk in to the ring weight for purposes of discussion)

bam bam gains almost 20 lbs after weighing 135
            and ortiz likewise at 140 would rehydrate up to 20 lbs and at WW he's 160-65

not that much of a disparity in size.

the issue is the money and the promotors, but i think down the line that will work itself out
            Last edited by New England; 03-22-2012, 07:15 PM.

Comment

He very well could be. All the other contenders are flawed (Khan, Mike Jones???, Brook, Senchenko) and beatable.

Robert Guerrero might be his toughest challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                Different IP address. It's not rocket science kid.
                No dumbass, remember when your new account was banned. Since you created one while your original account was banned. Same thing would have happened here. Everyone knows who I am. Jro wasn't banned, don't be stupid. And, I like to think I could get that account back anytime I feel like it. But, it's alright. Keep trying though.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  kill?
                  no.

he'd beat rios, though, i agree.

the size really is not that far apart. rios is a very big kid.

they're about 5-10 lb apart in natural size (walk in to the ring weight for purposes of discussion)

bam bam gains almost 20 lbs after weighing 135
                  and rios likewise at 140 would rehydrate up to 20 lbs and at WW he's 160-65

not that much of a disparity in size.

the issue is the money and the promotors, but i think down the line that will work itself out
                  Natural size is natural size though. Ortiz is a big welterweight. Rios is a big lightweight. Rios can be as fat as he wants walking around but that doesn't matter in the ring IMO

See Hatton for an example of that.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                    You can't be serious???
                    Senchenko ruling this division is just as likely as Ortiz ruling it.

Ortiz is an average fighter at best. Dude is a good loser, that's all he is. Very inconsistent and a mental midget. He is a Clottey a Judah, he is average.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      He very well could be. All the other contenders are flawed (Khan, Mike Jones???, Brook, Senchenko) and beatable.

Robert Guerrero might be his toughest challenge.
                      Agreed. If Guerrero does in fact move up. I want him to stay and fight Broner in a year or 2 though.

I think Ortiz actually matches up Head to Head against the others the best, primarily why I made this thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X