Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can people have Martinez p4p ahead of JMM?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing against Marquez but come on guys, I think some of you are gettin a little crazy. Imo, JMM lost all 3 fights vs Pacquiao by small margins. He gets props for that but come on guys, imo, he has lost all 3x. Aside from that he has good wins over Katsidis, Diaz, Jaca, Casamayor I don't like MAB fight cuz that ref made a bonehead call and swung things in JMM's favor. So considering all that, is he really a ATG fighter???? A legend???? I mean, if he is in your opinion, then that's cool. I like the man, he's a humble guy that brings it but I don't see what everyone else seems to see.

Comment

why is Jmm on the top 10 list and Hopkins was taken off is the better question

Comment

eversince sergio entered the p4p, he has done a lot more than marquez to be in higher position...

Comment

I've been saying this since the day everyone unfairly dropped him after the Mayweather fight. Marquez should never have dropped out of the top 3 p4p at any point because of that fight, let alone for Sergio.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
            why is Jmm on the top 10 list and Hopkins was taken off is the better question
            Which top 10?
            Espn.com/Dan Rafael has Hopkins in his top 10:
            1. Floyd Mayweather
            2)Pacquiao
            3)Martinez
            4)Marquez
            5)Andre Ward
            6)Donaire
            7)Hopkins
            8)W. Klitschko
            9)Bradley Jr.
            10)Cotto
            11. Vitali Klitschko
            12. Lucian Bute
            13. Pongsaklek Wonjongkam
            14. Lamont Peterson
            15. Amir Khan
            16. Yuriorkis Gamboa
            17. Chad Dawson
            18. Toshiaki Nishioka
            19. Chris John
            20. Brian Viloria

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Hitter View Post
              Which top 10?
              Espn.com/Dan Rafael has Hopkins in his top 10:
              1. Floyd Mayweather
              2)Pacquiao
              3)Martinez
              4)Marquez
              5)Andre Ward
              6)Donaire
              7)Hopkins
              8)W. Klitschko
              9)Bradley Jr.
              10)Cotto
              11. Vitali Klitschko
              12. Lucian Bute
              13. Pongsaklek Wonjongkam
              14. Lamont Peterson
              15. Amir Khan
              16. Yuriorkis Gamboa
              17. Chad Dawson
              18. Toshiaki Nishioka
              19. Chris John
              20. Brian Viloria
              the only 1 that really counts.the Rings top 10

Comment

Yes, JMM should be above Sergio, but i think they like Sergios ko power maybe.

But the powers that be dont always get it right. For instance when Floyd was p4p no1 instead of Pac, when Pac was beating Barrera and Morales and JMM.
                If they cant even get no1 and 2 right of course further down the pecking order 3-10 they can have people in places they shouldnt be and get it wrong as well.
                Last edited by hugh grant; 03-22-2012, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Marquez is number 2 on most people's list, so I don't see it. I too have Marquez at number 2, I even have Ward ahead of Martinez. My Top 5 is,

Mayweather
                  Marquez
                  Ward
                  Martinez
                  Pacquiao

You have to have Ward ahead of Martinez as Ward has dominated, not struggled but dominated almost everyone he's faced. Marquez clearly beat Pacquiao in my opinion so he gets number two.

Comment

Originally posted by King Ju-Ju View Post
                    Nothing against Marquez but come on guys, I think some of you are gettin a little crazy. Imo, JMM lost all 3 fights vs Pacquiao by small margins. He gets props for that but come on guys, imo, he has lost all 3x. Aside from that he has good wins over Katsidis, Diaz, Jaca, Casamayor I don't like MAB fight cuz that ref made a bonehead call and swung things in JMM's favor. So considering all that, is he really a ATG fighter???? A legend???? I mean, if he is in your opinion, then that's cool. I like the man, he's a humble guy that brings it but I don't see what everyone else seems to see.
                    Its not about JMM being a legend or not or where he ranks as an ATG, its about today's p4p list of who are the best fighters and if they are all the same weight who would be the best and its pretty clear to me that JMM is a better caliber fighter than Martinez. Further Martinez is only in his 2nd weight class and JMM is up at his 3rd and 4th weight class. If we see marquez struggle with Katsidis versus Sergo struggle with Barker and Macklin, JMM is more forgivable when he has jumped more weight classes.

Martinez says he cant move up to 168, that is 14 pounds up from his starting weight. Marquez has already done that and beyond fighting at 140 and 144

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      Yes, JMM should be above Sergio, but i think they like Sergios ko power maybe.

But the powers that be dont always get it right. For instance when Floyd was p4p no1 instead of Pac, when Pac was beating Barrera and Morales and JMM.
                      If they cant even get no1 and 2 right of course further down the pecking order 3-10 they can have people in places they shouldnt be and get it wrong as well.
                      i think we can all agree phillip ndou, victoriano sosa, corley, bruseles, and gatti are much better than pac's opponents.

Comment

Working...
                      X