Collapse
No announcement yet.

True or False? Mayweather has fought the #1 Guy At Every Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DLH was coming off of a loss to BH, and was past it when he fought FLOYd so i dont know if that counts for much. Beating Mayorga isnt much to shout about really.

His Genaro hernandez at 130 as well, Hernandez wasnt that great. He lost to DLH before losing to Floyd and his claim to fame is beating ancient azumah nelson and going the distance like Floyd in every fight.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
      It is true. Oscar De La Hoya was ranked #1 at 154 when Mayweather fought him. In fact, he was the only quality fighter at 154 when Mayweather fought him. He didn't fight Kostya Tyszu at 140 because Tyszu chose to fight Hatton instead. Unless you have some evidence to dispute this, quit acting like a Re/Pa.ctard.
      where do you get your rankings? flo-mo land? i assume you are talking about the ring but delahoya was rated no better than number 5 when floyd fought him. check the end of 2006 rankings. mosley, spinks, karmazin, spinks, and dzinziruk were all ahead of him and no one lost a fight between the end of 2006 and may of 2007 so oscar couldn't possibly move up. the only guy who might have been removed was mosley for going down to 147 to fight collazo. facts........

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Kostya Tzyu

But I guess he ducked Floyd too. Everyone ducked him
        Kostya Tzu and many other fighters did Ducked Floyd,here`s the vid of Floyd calling out Tszu and Tzsu never replied:

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          where do you get your rankings? flo-mo land? i assume you are talking about the ring but delahoya was rated no better than number 5 when floyd fought him. check the end of 2006 rankings. mosley, spinks, karmazin, spinks, and dzinziruk were all ahead of him and no one lost a fight between the end of 2006 and may of 2007 so oscar couldn't possibly move up. the only guy who might have been removed was mosley for going down to 147 to fight collazo. facts........
          Any link to these rankings?

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
            Kostya Tzu and many other fighters did Ducked Floyd,here`s the vid of Floyd calling out Tszu and Tzsu never replied:

there are countless articles and interviews with tsyzu saying he wanted to make the fight but because you didn't see those i guess they didn't happen? call outs have nothing to do with negotiating fights or trying to make fights actually happen. they are just for show.
            Last edited by daggum; 03-21-2012, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
              Any link to these rankings?
              http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Th...eweight--2000s

Comment

Daggum who is your fav boxer? I know it's not floyd but tell me tho

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  there are countless articles and interviews with tsyzu saying he wanted to make the fight but because you didn't see those i guess they didn't happen? call outs have nothing to do with negotiating fights or trying to make fights actually happen. they are just for show.
                  OK show these articles where Tszu saying he want to fight Floyd?,and to Floyd haters when Floyd calls fighters out he must be bluffing right?Then how come Floyd did`nt avoid Oscar when Oscar finally decide to fight Floyd after years of Floyd calling him out?How about Mosley fighting Floyd after years of Floyd calling him out?

Comment

Oscar was #3 ranked when Floyd fought him.

Comment

the stupidity in threads like these astound me. floyd has fought a #1 guy in every division but 154 but thats soon to change. as far as him not fighting tszyu, blame hbo and showtime. tszyu wanted to fight both gatti and floyd but he was stuck on the other side(showtime) and thats the primary reason the fights didnt happen. anyone claiming floyd ducked tszyu simply has no idea what they are talking about.

Comment

Working...
                      X