Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one noticed how Lampley put Merchant in his place several times for hating on SM?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    It's called keeping it real. You'd rather have cheerleaders instead of honest commentators who speak their mind?

Actually Lampley is the one who got owned because he said fighters who keep their hands down can't throw combinations because they need to get out of the way quickly and Larry proved him wrong with the Roy example.
    Roy is the exception, not the rule. He did things no fighter had done before or since with his athleticism. Sergio is not in that class, but he's definitely elite athletically.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      The match-up on paper was not competitive because Macklin is a mediocre fighter. The fight ended up being competitive and that's on Sergio for a poor performance in the first half of the fight.

Just because it ended up being a competitive fight doesn't suddenly make Macklin a great opponent.

Stop it.
      How else are you suppose to prove you're not a mediocre fighter? Macklin has looked good against two straight world champions in a row, but you still deem him as mediocre fighter. What else does he have to do? Oh, now I understand. You have to look good against bums like Pirog has. Some awesome criteria you have.

Comment

The same Merchant that critise RJJ through his career? The guy really need to retire and make way for new up and comers, Still havent forgotten how he critise Top rank for putting Pavlik in the ring with Bhop..

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          How else are you suppose to prove you're not a mediocre fighter? Macklin has looked good against two straight world champions in a row, but you still deem him as mediocre fighter. What else does he have to do? Oh, now I understand. You have to look good against bums like Pirog has. Some awesome criteria you have.
          He's proved he's not that great throughout his career which I have followed almost from the start.

I suppose Martin Murray is now a credible opponent for Sergio? He also looked good against Sturm.

Pirog is the greatest threat to Sergio in the division. Its the best fight that can be made at 160. Why lie to yourself and try to talk up these appetiser opponents?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            The fight ended up being competitive and that's on Sergio for a poor performance in the first half of the fight.
            This is like a tautology. In reality this is bigger Martinez nut hugging you're doing than what I'm doing. Put up anyone else against Martinez. If the opponent is winning, by definition Martinez will have a poor performance. So the excuse will always be, it's not the opponent looking good, it's Martinez looking poor!

What happened in this fight is that Martinez looked poor because Macklin made Martinez look poor. Macklin bought in a really good gameplan that caught Martinez by surprise. He forced Martinez to be an aggressor, which is something Martinez isn't particularly great at. Martinez was expecting Macklin to be brawler. It's why he had a training camp with Brian Vera as his main sparring partner. Most likely Martinez trained fighting backwards as a counterpuncher. But Macklin did not fight like himself so Macklin befuddled Martinez for the first 7 rounds until Martinez adjusted. Is it Martinez fault that he didn't train for what Macklin brought in? Yes. But a lot more credit has to be given for what Macklin did.
            Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 03-19-2012, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Laughable when you see people throwing out Pirog or golovin names lol.

Comment

"bang bang"

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Laughable when you see people throwing out Pirog or golovin names lol.
                  Why? Who would you rather see? Martin Murray? Maybe Kerry Hope?

Comment

Merchant & Arum will never die...the hate let them alive...sadly...

Comment

Originally posted by 2012 View Post
                      I dont really tune in to HBO often as I dont live in the states but the commentary on this one was incredibly biased. They wanted to make it seem like it was an even fight and at one point as though Sergio was losing, when he was in total control for most of the fight and landing all of the clean shots.
                      Lolque?.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X