No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook Batters Matthew Hatton, Cruises To Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sananman50 View Post
    I'm sure your right but if any of those guys I mentioned fought Hatton, it would have been a massacre. I respect Brook's boxing skills but he needs more experience under his belt before he makes his way to the big leagues. They need to groom the kid a bit more before they start calling out the big names.
    Alexander?

Brook beats Devon to a pulp.

Comment

Yeah they were giving the guy far too much credit, especially at the end when they stated "tonight Brook has shown he is an elite fighter." How? By struggling with a C fighter? I think it was part of their job to try and sell Brooks to the public. Can't stand biased commentating. That's a big reason I dislike Merchant & Jim Lampley. They do it all the time!
      Struggling? Brook won the fight in a more convincing fashion than when Alvarez fought Hatton at 154. Mathew Hatton was practically hugging and swinging from the 5th round onwards and although he is no elite fighter, he has got the heart of a lion.

Kell needs to fight a world class fighter next and only then can he match up against the elite welterweights.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
        Alexander?

Not this Alexander that just abused Maidana a few weeks ago, no way!

Comment

Not this Alexander that just abused Maidana a few weeks ago, no way!
          Yeah, the JWW that moved up and beat the other JWW moving up.
          Last edited by Evil Abed; 03-17-2012, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LFC View Post
            Struggling? Brook won the fight in a more convincing fashion than when Alvarez fought Hatton at 154. Mathew Hatton was practically hugging and swinging from the 5th round onwards and although he is no elite fighter, he has got the heart of a lion.

Kell needs to fight a world class fighter next and only then can he match up against the elite welterweights.
            Hatton was a guy Brook was supposed to beat easily and make a statement against. The only statement he made was that he's not very hard to hit. Hatton caught Brook with that overhand right several times and also shook him a little w/ a looping left hook. Like I said, the guy has talent but he needs more seasoning before he steps in with any of the top guys in the division. If they want to put him in against a name fighter, feed Malignaggi too him ha ha.

Comment

Alexander?

devon would rough him up i'd venture

not really sold on brook. alexander is faster than he is and he looked very good and strong at 147

Comment

Wait a sec, so the far more skilled, faster, younger, harder punching, and technically superior guy won a dominant decision!? Whoever could have guessed that would have happened!? This was a mismatch on paper, it was a mismatch months ago when it was made, and Hatton showed - again - that he has no business being in there with any fighters in the top 10 or 15 of their weight class. This isn't hindsight anything, I said it, as many did, from the start this was a mismatch.

Good for Kell. Now step it up a few levels from the sorry bottom rung gate keeper Hatton may be considered and fight some legit guys so we truly know how good you are.

Comment

Lets find Brook a gatekeeper to take on next. Someone like Kotelnik or even Maidana, see how he does against the fringe world class guys and then think about the next step up - Ortiz, or Khan or Alexander etc.

Pac, Mayweather or Bradley will destroy him at this point, but Brook has skills and he could grab a strap in the future.

Comment

Yeah, the JWW that moved up and beat the other JWW moving up.
                    Just because they moved up from 140 shouldn't discredit how bad Alexander put it on Maidana. I think your sleepin on Alexander because of his 2011 campaign. I don't blame you cuz he looked pretty bad but he looked fierce at 147 in his last fight. If they ever cross paths I'll make sure to make a wager with you on that one.

Comment

Brook is 2-3 levels below being ready for the elite. Let him fight Maidana or Alexander or Mike Jones and then see if he is ready for the level above that which is just below the elite. Eventually he will be popular with wins and losses against the level below the elite which is not a negative fate.

Comment

Working...
                      X