Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who did Floyd beat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the real question should be Who did floyd duck? The answer, pretty much everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
      I don't see how Genaro Hernandez, Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo, and Ricky Hatton aren't really good wins?????

Genaro was unbeaten at 130, the argument Pac fans always use with the Hatton-Pac fight. Corrales was #5 P4P. Castillo was the #1 LW in the world without a doubt and had beaten Stevie Johnston. And Ricky Hatton was #8 P4P, and beat the HOF fighter Tszyu on his resume.

How were those not really good wins???
      TS ran away, he isn't ever coming back.

Comment

I don't see how Genaro Hernandez, Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo, and Ricky Hatton aren't really good wins?????

Genaro was unbeaten at 130, the argument Pac fans always use with the Hatton-Pac fight. Corrales was unbeaten and #5 P4P. Castillo was the #1 LW in the world without a doubt and had beaten Stevie Johnston. And Ricky Hatton was unbeaten and #8 P4P, and beat the HOF fighter Tszyu on his resume.

How were those not really good wins???

I swear. If Floyd was another person with a different personality, but the EXACT SAME RESUME, it'd be a whole different story on what people think of him.
        finally a stan who did not dodge the question. (but for some reason still bring pacquiao's name to a floyd thread)

i dont disagree with you. they are good wins. but Coralles, Castillo, Hatton and Hernandez aren't HOF type of fighters. Im sorry.

Comment

HOF is nothing the list is a mile long and most of Floyds opponents will be in it .

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
            TS ran away, he isn't ever coming back.
            How is Kostya Tszyu in the HOF, but Ricky Hatton, Jose Luis Castillo, Diego Corrales, and Genaro Hernandez aren't even consdiered in the slightest???

Tszyu's wins: Roger Mayweather, Hugo Pineda, Rafael Ruelas, Sharmba Mitchell, Zab Judah, Oktay Urkal, Julio Cesar Chavez (way past his prime) and Jesse Leija.

Hatton's wins: Kostya Tszyu, Carlos Maussa, Luis Collazo, Juan Urango, Jose Luis Castillo (past his prime though), Juan Lazcano, and Paulie Malingaggi. Beat Tszyu H2H, when Tszyu was the #1 JWW in the world.

Castillo's wins: Stevie Johnston, Cesar Bazan, Juan Lazcano, Joel Casamayor, Julio Diaz, Diego Corrales, and Herman Ngoudjo. Should also have a win over Mayweather probably.

Corrales' wins: Robert Garcia, Derrick Gainer, Justin Juuko, Angel Manfredy, Joel Casamayor, Acelino Freitas, and Jose Luis Castillo.

G. Hernandez' wins: Daniel Londas, Raul Perez, Jorge Paez, Carlos Hernandez, Carlos Gerena, and Anatoly Alexandrov. Dominated at 130 until he met Floyd, the way Tszyu did until he met Hatton.

Don't get me wrong, I think Tszyu is in the HOF and deserving, but how is he no doubt in the HOF, but Hatton-Corrales-Castillo-G. Hernandez aren't even mentioned as possibilities?????

Comment

Dela Hoya, Mosley and Marquez are true HOFs. But none of them prime when Floyd beat them.

Sad Fact. Floyd would have beaten them anyway if they were still on their prime though.

Comment

Originally posted by klipsch speaker View Post
                finally a stan who did not dodge the question. (but for some reason still bring pacquiao's name to a floyd thread)

i dont disagree with you. they are good wins. but Coralles, Castillo, Hatton and Hernandez aren't HOF type of fighters. Im sorry.
                I'm not a stan or a "F L O M O", at all. I'm a pretty unbias Floyd fan, who can see the greatness in both Floyd and Manny. And all I said was Pac fans, who are usually the biggest Floyd haters. I didn't really mention Pacquiao.

If Corrales, Castillo, Hatton, and G. Hernandez aren't even mentioned in the HOF discussion, than why is Kostya Tszyu a sure HOF fighter who's already in the HOF????? Look at the resume's of all those guys, pretty similar caliber of wins on their resumes.

Comment

How is Kostya Tszyu in the HOF, but Ricky Hatton, Jose Luis Castillo, Diego Corrales, and Genaro Hernandez aren't even consdiered in the slightest???

Tszyu's wins: Roger Mayweather, Hugo Pineda, Rafael Ruelas, Sharmba Mitchell, Zab Judah, Oktay Urkal, Julio Cesar Chavez (way past his prime) and Jesse Leija.

Hatton's wins: Kostya Tszyu, Carlos Maussa, Luis Collazo, Juan Urango, Jose Luis Castillo (past his prime though), Juan Lazcano, and Paulie Malingaggi. Beat Tszyu H2H, when Tszyu was the #1 JWW in the world.

Castillo's wins: Stevie Johnston, Cesar Bazan, Juan Lazcano, Joel Casamayor, Julio Diaz, Diego Corrales, and Herman Ngoudjo. Should also have a win over Mayweather probably.

Corrales' wins: Robert Garcia, Derrick Gainer, Justin Juuko, Angel Manfredy, Joel Casamayor, Acelino Freitas, and Jose Luis Castillo.

G. Hernandez' wins: Daniel Londas, Raul Perez, Jorge Paez, Carlos Hernandez, Carlos Gerena, and Anatoly Alexandrov. Dominated at 130 until he met Floyd, the way Tszyu did until he met Hatton.

Don't get me wrong, I think Tszyu is in the HOF and deserving, but how is he no doubt in the HOF, but Hatton-Corrales-Castillo-G. Hernandez aren't even mentioned as possibilities?????
                  You can boxrec all you want but im reall terribly sorry. Castillo, Corrales, Hatton, Hernandez are good fighters but isnt exactly HOF fighters. If you put mote objectivity into it or a little more knowledge, maybe you can understand. Go to the history section and ask those scholars there if these guys are HOFs... Im sure they will be more objective.

Comment

Originally posted by klipsch speaker View Post
                    You can boxrec all you want but im reall terribly sorry. Castillo, Corrales, Hatton, Hernandez are good fighters but isnt exactly HOF fighters. If you put mote objectivity into it or a little more knowledge, maybe you can understand. Go to the history section and ask those scholars there if these guys are HOFs... Im sure they will be more objective.
                    I'm not BoxRec anything, I'm listing what I remember to be each guys best and most notable wins.

If Kostya Tszyu is a no doubt HOF fighter, and HE IS, he's already in the HOF.....than why aren't Hatton, Corrales, Castillo, and G. Hernandez even in the conversation???

Also, if they aren't even in the conversation, than how is Barry Mcguigan, Floyd Patterson, and James Braddock in????? And I like Floyd Patterson. Patterson's best wins were Moore, Harris, Johansson, McNeeley, Cooper, Bonavena, and London. He was actually similar to Hatton in the sense that he was one of the best at his weight in his era, but failed against his two best opponents (Patterson vs. Liston & Ali, Hatton vs. Mayweather & Pacquiao).

Look at the resumes of those couple guys off the top of my head that are in the HOF, and than the resumes of Hatton, Corrales, Castillo, and G. Hernandez, and then tell me why they aren't even considered to be in the conversation???

If Boxing wants to start getting picky on who's in and who's not in, than they started way too late. They've let way too many people in the HOF that would be deemed not worthy to be in it if they were fighting today. And given who had to wait a long time but has finally gotten in over the last 20-30 years, I'd say there's a pretty good shot that at some point in the next 50-60 years, a lot Floyd's opponents will be in eventually.
                    Last edited by 4Corners; 03-17-2012, 06:45 PM.

Comment

He beat good but not great fighters, and he's untested

he's been retired everytime a test of a fighter was available to him.

Coralles was his best performance but not best win. Neither castillo or coralles or any of the other fighters he beat are HOF level.

His best Wins are Hatton and De La Hoya.
                      Last edited by Paclan; 03-17-2012, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X