No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner will be the next fighter of the decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Quiksilva View Post
    I also thought Broner was going to be the next big thing coming up..

He had such talent, potential and a great fighting style to go with it - kinda like an aggressive Philly shell back at his peak years.

Thats not the philly shell its not even a boot leg flea market philly shell idk what defense that is

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
      The thing is Larry started this thread after broner beat up an undersized ELOY PEREZ. He shouldve waited until broner actually beat someone credible. HBO hyped up broner to the max giving him 15 min highlight specials and **** without even accomplishing anything.
      If you took the amount of boxers who were good enough to fight professionally you would get a small percentage. If you further reduced that to guys who showed remarkable talent as a professional, we get significantly smaller... Now fate comes along, and we will see weakness and strength. Broner showed some chops that made people who look at what makes a puncher salvate at the mouth... It wasn't to be but the guy showed he had talent that distinguished him.

One problem I think he does have is chasing all these divisions, he never was able to get grounded at a weight and work at setting up his strengths. And we learned that broner has bad feet, etc but he had some talents that made him look like a possible talent to emerge. I still remember looking at a young Juan Ma and thinking "Man!! this kid is a midget but can punch!" Lol, the rest is history.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        If you took the amount of boxers who were good enough to fight professionally you would get a small percentage. If you further reduced that to guys who showed remarkable talent as a professional, we get significantly smaller... Now fate comes along, and we will see weakness and strength. Broner showed some chops that made people who look at what makes a puncher salvate at the mouth... It wasn't to be but the guy showed he had talent that distinguished him.

One problem I think he does have is chasing all these divisions, he never was able to get grounded at a weight and work at setting up his strengths. And we learned that broner has bad feet, etc but he had some talents that made him look like a possible talent to emerge. I still remember looking at a young Juan Ma and thinking "Man!! this kid is a midget but can punch!" Lol, the rest is history.

Broner was a weight bully that beat up on undersized opponents and got undeserved spotlight by riding the coat tails of mayweather . I like Juanma and he didnt pan out to expectations BUT he was never hyped to the level broner was it was just absurd how they drooled over this guy.

Comment

• I love it when this thread it bumped

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
            Broner was a weight bully that beat up on undersized opponents and got undeserved spotlight by riding the coat tails of mayweather . I like Juanma and he didnt pan out to expectations BUT he was never hyped to the level broner was it was just absurd how they drooled over this guy.
            Well people love a simp lol, he fills seats with the simp act. He is already a gatekeeper. They say he needs a win here, should be interesting to see if thats the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
              im calling it now.....anyone doubt me?
              Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              Adrien Broner is the truth. I know he was pushed to the brink with Ponce, but I'd love them to rematch so Broner can set the record straight.

There are plenty of young fighters with Golden Boy at 135-140 right now that Broner will fight in the future. Luis Ramos Jr, Omar Figueroa, Frankie Gomez, Fidel Maldonado Jr, Antonio Orozco, Sharif Bogere, Michael Finney, Michael Perez, Carlos Molina (Lightweight, not the SWW obviously), Jaime Kavanagh, and Carlos Velasquez. Plenty of young fighters around his weight with Golden Boy that will be there to fight. Not to mention non Golden Boy guys like Diego Magdaleno, Mercito Gesta, Bryan Vasquez, and Jose Benavidez.

And there's already pretty big names that could possibly happen in the near future (next 5 years or so). Jorge Linares, Yuriorkis Gamboa, Marcos Maidana, Brandon Rios, Ricky Burns, etc.

I'm with you man.

Comment

• ADRAEN BORNER WIll be the NexT SuperStarZ mark my words y'all jeluss!

Comment

• Fighter of the decade putting on a clinic now

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                    im calling it now.....anyone doubt me?

Hahahahahaha lol

Comment

• this thread is the gift that keeps on giving

Comment

Working...
                      X