Adrien Broner will be the next fighter of the decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
    im calling it now.....anyone doubt me?

i dont doubt you, i doubt broner...........

Comment

• Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
      im calling it now.....anyone doubt me?
      I doubt you,, i actually think it will be floyd,,

2010- shane
      2011- ortiz
      2012- cotto
      2013- ghost, canelo
      2014- khan , garcia
      2015- bradley, broner
      2016- manny
      2017 retired,,, but he will have the most big time victories than anyone, much like SRL in the 80s even though he only fought half the decade

Comment

• I wish Floyd fans didn't naturally gravitate towards Broner. Floyd's talent and upside at Broner's age was way higher; and was substantially more athletic and quick, AND dedicated.

Broner is not Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          I doubt you,, i actually think it will be floyd,,

2010- shane
          2011- ortiz
          2012- cotto
          2013- ghost, canelo
          2014- khan , garcia
          2015- bradley, broner
          2016- manny
          2017 retired,,, but he will have the most big time victories than anyone, much like SRL in the 80s even though he only fought half the decade
          What if Floyd 'ages over night' wouldn't 2014 or early 2015 be a better time to fight Manny? Or are you calculating Floyd waiting for Manny to be a corpse , then take the fight? That is the norm.

Comment

• I don't think Broner is dedicated enough to his craft to have that sort of long term success. Kid has talent but he has already blown up in weight and he makes the same mistakes over and over in the ring which shows he is not putting in enough work into his craft, not to mention all the weird shit that happens around him which would be forgivable if he was really focused on his career otherwise but it really looks like he isn't.

I think he can beat Maidana and he might even have another good year or so after that but when he falls he will fall hard and I don't think he will be able to really make it back after that happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              What if Floyd 'ages over night' wouldn't 2014 or early 2015 be a better time to fight Manny? Or are you calculating Floyd waiting for Manny to be a corpse , then take the fight? That is the norm.
              he could get old over night, but that usually happens to guys that use speed and reflexes,, while floyd does use those, his technical skill is off the charts and when he slows down, he will be like a hopkins and still be able to perform at a high level unlike a roy jones, etc. Plus floyd always stays in shape and doesnt abuse substances like a duran, de la hoya, hatton, etc,,,

as far as the manny fight goes, i dont think it will happen while floyd is with showtime, his contract runs out after sept 2015, so i think 2016 will be his return to HBO vs manny,, yes manny will be a corpse by then, but so was tyson when he fought lewis and that still broke all the records and made crazy amount of money,, i have always said that manny-floyd will be like tyson-lewis,, huge money fight but one guy will be completely faded and bring just his name, while the other will be still on the mountain top like lewis was

Comment

• broner will go the way of jermain taylor,, he will be in the spotlight for a few years but then go into oblivion

Comment

• Why was this bumped? Broner is still undefeated and getting more popular with every fight.

Should wait to bump this until he actually......well loses.

Comment

• I think it will be Andre Ward or Mayweather ( if he can keep winning for another 4 years). If not those too, then the likes of D. Garcia and M. Garcia, because I personally don't think Broner is as talented as them; he's flashy, but I question his toughness and whether it can be effective against high calibre opponents ( Fight with Malignaggi makes me inclined to say no).

Comment

• It's possible. Only time will tell if Broner has the discipline and mental toughness to ALWAYS be at your best. Anything less than that is unacceptable.

That being said, Maidana should provide an entertaining fight. The best part is I'm buying my tickets tomorrow for the Alamodome! I'm super excited to see Leo and One Time also! This will be my first live fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X