Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Diaz Warns Pacquiao About Bradley, Picks Floyd By KO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto won every round of that fight. He slowed down a bit toward the end but was not getting hit flush and was in control throughout. I really don know what diaz is talking about Margo got owned

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
      Cotto clearly ahead, landning more but he was getting puffy and AM's best blows were 2 the body...I see FM , hopefully, putting punches 2gether more'n he did w/Mosley & stopping Cotto late...
      I have FM winning as well but as a UD no knockout. He is not a Margarito type fighter, he is not going to come in eat punches and pressure you. Those are the only fighters that bother Cotto.

Comment

Head butts will destroy the Pac fight, for Pac to win he MUST stay away from the crazy head butt

When was the last time you saw JR Mayweather get somebody in trouble and then take a man out ?

Fair , I am talking about being fair not some stupid fight like the ORTIZ fight.

Cotto has all but admitted he has no nuts to stay in the trenches, but he really is in a good position because your JR doesn't like those trenches either.

Based on the past fights of Jr's the fight will have its early moments by Cotto then it will turn into the stinkers they always do and JR will have his UD

Comment

Originally posted by chibomber View Post
          " Margarito was starting to catch him, and I believe Cotto was starting to die down"

Really...

Cotto had the best round before the fight was stopped.
          ??? You didn't see that ???

Comment

Originally posted by DontGlassMeBro View Post
            that's funny cus i had the same sense and so did everyone else watching the fight including many commentators etc. The truth is the fight was looking like the repeat of their 1st and Cotto was losing steam, Marg was coming on. And I'm not even a marg fan I can't stand him
            I disagree. I saw a very different fight than the first and I don't see any way Margarito was going to find a way to win that fight. Possibly he would have won 1 or 2 of the next 3 rounds but I didnt see anywhere near the damage to Cotto that there was in the 1st nine rounds of Cotto Margarito 1.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
              No, there wasnt any sense. Only delusional hope from margarito fans. Margarito was a beaten man who sure as ***** looked like it in the ninth round. Of course he is a tough sob who has a chin and is gonna keep coming, but he wasnt able to land anything hard or effective the whole fight, no uppercuts no body work. He was just getting pushed around and eating hard shots.
              No, there really was a sense that some of Margarito's preasure was starting to get to Cotto, or rather that Cotto doesn't handle preasure particularly well. Even with that version of Margarito, you could still partly see why Cotto wilted in the first fight.

Comment

Diaz makes some sense

Diaz makes sense on most of what he said with the exception that Margarito might've done something in his 2nd cotto fight had they let him contine. Oh and his notion that Marquez won by a round because it would have took more than Juan fighting to win that 12th round for him to "actually" win the whole fight. All the other stuff sounds fairly intelligent though.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                  No, there wasnt any sense. Only delusional hope from margarito fans. Margarito was a beaten man who sure as ***** looked like it in the ninth round. Of course he is a tough sob who has a chin and is gonna keep coming, but he wasnt able to land anything hard or effective the whole fight, no uppercuts no body work. He was just getting pushed around and eating hard shots.
                  Not a marg fan after the plaster and I like cotto just the obvious observation
                  Last edited by marsatari; 03-15-2012, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Marsatari,

you know pinanyata about boxing. Cotto was done in the 9th round.
                    He was getting knocked out in the 10th. That's why they stopped it.

Cotto won't last 4 rounds with Mayweather. He's washed up.
                    Notice that Mayflower will never get in the ring with Margarito...

Comment

Cotto was not going to be denied that night in the second Marg fight. He was in the zone and turned Marg in to a freaking Gargoyle. Distance or not, it was Cotto's night and he won and would have won regardless of how many rounds it could have gone. Cotto stopped Marg. End of story, period.

Comment

Working...
                      X