No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Diaz Warns Pacquiao About Bradley, Picks Floyd By KO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DontGlassMeBro View Post
    that's funny cus i had the same sense and so did everyone else watching the fight including many commentators etc. The truth is the fight was looking like the repeat of their 1st and Cotto was losing steam, Marg was coming on. And I'm not even a marg fan I can't stand him
    not really, first fight Margarito broke Cotto's nose in the 2nd round, landed thudding body punches even when he was mostly being outboxed, round 7 he hurt Cotto and busted him up and from then on Cotto had 1 or 2 decent rounds but had lost steam on his punches and was falling apart. Margarito landed HARD punches the first fight and got extension on them, the 2nd fight he started coming on in round 9 but all he landed were 2 inch punches with Cotto stuck to his chest and they're enough to bruise u but not enough to hurt u or break u down. Cotto got tired but he literally dominated all the rounds up to that point and wasn't in danger of being stopped...he may have lost the last few rounds and it would have been a ****ing classic down the stretch, but I can also see Cotto ****ing up his eye worse or hurting him and outboxing him even worse...so all I know is it wasn't the same as the first fight lol

Comment

Great analysis, I truly believe if margo had a good eye that fight would have went down the same as the first one......

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$trO View Post
        Great analysis, I truly believe if margo had a good eye that fight would have went down the same as the first one......
        I agree. Even with the bad eye, Tony was picking up steam as Cotto was fading.

I have no problem with the stoppage but feel Margarito could have continued and had Cotto in trouble those last 3 rounds.

Comment

If mayweather comes into the ring a little off thats the only way i can see cotto winning and even then he would have to fight his best fight ever

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$trO View Post
            From what Margarita and doctors have said, his eye was 100%. His eye wasnt an issue. Cotto landed a majority of his punches on that eye, most likely anyones eye could have blown up. People act like only Margaritas eye could have swollen up and not anybody elses. Throw this excuse out the door already.

Comment

I disagree that Cotto was 'fading' in the fight. Compu-box numbers showed that Cotto outlanded Margo in power punches in rd.9 and margo (altough coming forward) was not effectively landing on Cotto. Just coming forward and getting tatooed doesn't mean he was 'going' to win. There was nothing in Rd.9 or that fight that said that Cotto was going to lose. Too many 'what if' theories: What if the eye, what if it went to 12 rds, what is I had plaster, what if i woke up on wrong side of the bed.. Honestly, in the 1st fight, Cotto was already damaged in Rd.7-11 before the stoppage. In the second fight- Cotto basically won rds. 6-9 (1 or 2 close rds)- If was a different outcome (although you guys think it looked like the same fight) it actually WASN'T. Margo had no POWER or STEAM on his punches at ALL. Cotto took all his pitty pat shots well. I actually think if it went pass Rd.10 (Margo would've gotten stop). One more thing- The problem with his eye wasn't the issue with PAC did. The problem with Margo eye was that in rd.3 or 4 (Cotto cut his eye wtih his own punch) with a slicing jab. THAT is what cut the eye, not PAC. His eye issue was internal not a "CUT" that Cotto pounded till it was swollen. COTTO won, just accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
                From what Margarita and doctors have said, his eye was 100%. His eye wasnt an issue. Cotto landed a majority of his punches on that eye, most likely anyones eye could have blown up. People act like only Margaritas eye could have swollen up and not anybody elses. Throw this excuse out the door already.
                Cotto's game plan was to get on his bike and box and to go after that eye.

Comment

I disagree with Margarito was starting to catch him Cotto was fading some but he still was dominating Margarito in the process

Comment

Originally posted by chibomber View Post
                    " Margarito was starting to catch him, and I believe Cotto was starting to die down"

Really...

Cotto had the best round before the fight was stopped.
                    Cotto clearly ahead, landning more but he was getting puffy and AM's best blows were 2 the body...I see FM , hopefully, putting punches 2gether more'n he did w/Mosley & stopping Cotto late...

Comment

I really don't see Floyd stopping Cotto, unless Cotto's corner throws in the towel late in the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X