Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The True Story Behind Gamboa's Actions. (No Bull****)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he had no plans of fighting Rios, he should have never took the $70k advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
      It's been a week already and he hasnt made up his excuses?? So u rather si Abril than Gamboa?? So this Gamboa Duck was Planned too? just like the Floyd's duck Plan??
      the time this buffoon doesn't mention floyd in a thread doesn't exist. :gay:

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfCuba View Post
        Here is the deal. There are two clear reason's for Gamboa's actions, and they are both in the end connected as well.

1. Top Rank takes at least 30% of Gamboa's purse, Ahmet Oner who is not only Gamboa's co promoter, he also happens to be with Gamboa before top rank and in fact was the guy who paid and got Gamboa out of Cuba takes about another 30%. I'll just focus on the big boys and skip over the managers like Luis DeCubas and Gonzales who are also taking a percentage of his purse.

So just there you are leaving Gamboa, the fighter, taking home only 40%.

But it dosen't end there.

2. Gamboa is used to his cuban trainer 'Ismael Salas' and became champion with him, said he would never want to fight for anyone else. Top Rank forces him to switch trainer and go with Emmanuel Stewart right before the biggest and most dangerous fight of his career, even though gamboa was completely against it. Oh and dosen't speak a word of english by the way.

Not only that, but add to that that Emmanuel Stewart for being who he is would most likely take no less than 10% of gamboa's cut.

At this point Gamboa's purse is left at 30% to fight his biggest fight without his head trainer.

Is he really to blame for not fighting Rios ? Or is the corruption in boxing we should be once again blaming.

Its a good one to think about.
        your proof of all this? generally co promotion means smaller %s for both sides to be fair to the fighter so I would like to hear proof that TR and Arena take ~60% of Gamboa's purse otherwise YOU sound more like a smear campaign than anything

here are some items you don't discuss

1. there is a precedent set that Gamboa was at one point fine with the arrangement he had with co promotion from Arena Box and Top Rank. If he had issues with that then he should have thought twice about signing with TR in addition to having a contract with Arena. In fact this arrangement has been going on for years

2. TR has been on record with numerous sites stating they have not only team acceptance by correspondence with Gamboa stating the terms of the fight were agreeable even down to the number of people he was flying to the press conference in LA

3. I am sure someone on his team is media savvy and would have realized 1. tickets had been on sale 2. press junkets (which he made team arrangements for) and 3. everyone had pretty gone by the agreement he had with TR and Oner

he is to blame himself for this whole mess nothing. He is to blame for getting himself into a crappy bind with dual promoters. He is to blame for essentially agreeing to a fight with direct correspondence saying the terms were fine. He is to blame for the flack from boxing fans he is now getting

he gets no sympathy from me about this. If he knew he was getting screwed then he should have handled all this prior to moving on not in the midst of a fight happening

Comment

hilarious how Manny stans can't help but bring up mayweather in basically every thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
            It's been a week already and he hasnt made up his excuses?? So u rather si Abril than Gamboa?? So this Gamboa Duck was Planned too? just like the Floyd's duck Plan??
            Oh I see prob hate by association on your part. The whole Gamboa and Floyd connection.

Again please read, why would I want to see abril vs rios when I said the whole brawl was planned?

Comment

Originally posted by MonsieurGeorges View Post
              All of this may be true but it is irrelevant if he signed on the dotted line. He isn't a child, he is responsible for his actions. He is the number 1 ranked feather, he should take all comers and if his finances are screwed up where does the blame lie?
              None of us truly know what Gamboa "agreed" to. (He didn't sign a contract to fight Rios, BTW. Top Rank admits that.) You're right, Yuriorkis is responsible for his own actions. He apparently didn't handle this situation appropriately. But to quote Chris Rock, "I may not agree...but I understand...."

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                If he had no plans of fighting Rios, he should have never took the $70k advance.
                Yes this part I agree with. This is were Gamboa could get screwed and prob will.

Comment

whoa if he tool advances on his purse

that's game over SPECIFICALLY to 4/14 let alone his TR and Oner contracts

he's screwed if true

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
                    If he knew he was getting screwed then he should have handled all this prior to moving on not in the midst of a fight happening
                    This is the part that I have the biggest issue with.

Do you think it's possible that something disagreeable was inserted in the terms of the contract after Yuriorkis had agreed in principle to fight Brandon?

Comment

I feel sorry for both Rios and Gamboa, but more pissed off for us fans. I had tickets to Rios vs Gamboa and now they are offering me Rios vs Who at the same price. No thank you I'm good.

Comment

Working...
                      X