Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The True Story Behind Gamboa's Actions. (No Bull****)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I thought you had a story from Gamboa's side or something wtf >_>

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfCuba View Post
      So yo think its OK for promoters and managers to screw over fighters with ridiculous contracts and taking his money although he is the one who is going to take punishment in the ring ?
      That's means he's dumb enough to sign those contracts if it's true! He should go back to Cuba and defend he's Olympic Gold Medal for free!!

Pac was being robbed by his managers too early in his career! But he still fight Barrera for $700k, and he gets only 350k of it! But that make him a Superstar!!!

Why Cant Gamboa just Fight Rios?? Rios is not that a Big deal!!Ohhh maybe he's SCARED!!

Comment

There's always two sides to a story. People shouldnt believe what's in the media so easily, arum has his claws in deep in the media field so what he wants gets printed

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
          There's always two sides to a story. People shouldnt believe what's in the media so easily, arum has his claws in deep in the media field so what he wants gets printed

So what is Gamboa's Case?? Scared??? And cant fight???

Comment

It isn't just the Cubans here, I support Gamboa too. He tried to get his business in order, took a stand, and basically didn't have the leverage to do so. Everything coming out now is being flamed by the TR smear campaign and the suckers eat it up. I'm disappointed the situation couldn't be resolved because now we miss out on a great matchup, but it's never as black-and-white as its made out to be, least of all in this piece of **** business.

Comment

If this was the first fight Gamboa was only taking 40% home, I would probably understand. I know for a fact this isn't the first fight, therefore he is to blame. Anyone in Gamboa's situation should've realized that he's about to get his biggest payday.

There's no excuse for bringing up a money problem 6 weeks before the fight, that should've been handled already, and from what I read, it was. I guess he realized he's only taking home about 250k, that's his problem.

Comment

Leave the guy who got you out of cuba and started your career, even thought he was willing to give up most of his cut to make you a star ? but instead go with the guy who wants to screw you and as a bonus for screwing you making you sign a 5 year contract ?

I don't get what you are saying ?
                They are not fans, they are fanatics is a big difference and haters too, it doesn't matter how and why this happened, screw Gamboa be a slave, they think Cubans are the only ones defending him and I had read a bunch of post from non Cubans siding with Gamboa, he have to take care of his business if he doesn't do it no one will and after this more ppl will tune to c his fights, he is doing what Arum never did, promote, love him or hate him he is on the map.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                  If this was the first fight Gamboa was only taking 40% home, I would probably understand. I know for a fact this isn't the first fight, therefore he is to blame. Anyone in Gamboa's situation should've realized that he's about to get his biggest payday.

There's no excuse for bringing up a money problem 6 weeks before the fight, that should've been handled already, and from what I read, it was. I guess he realized he's only taking home about 250k, that's his problem.
                  What about being forced to train with a trainer yo don't want to be with, as part of that contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
                    So what is Gamboa's Case?? Scared??? And cant fight???
                    This isn't some wrestling storyline. When has Gamboa ever been known as a scared fighter? That's being perpetuated by the powers that be because he "went against the grain."

Now matter how many times someone says boxing is a business, it's clear most fans don't have the slightest clue as to just how extensive that statement is. TR is going to smear him now because they hold the power and resources to do so, and they'll be banking on two things to happen:

1) He gets a taste of just how tough it is and what PR is all about, then tucks his tail and runs back under the umbrella

2) He fights his way out of his situation legally, and assuming he's successful, is blackballed by TR and has his reputation tarnished within the industry.

Boxing is politics. It's going to be a tough road ahead for Gamboa either way.

Comment

What about being forced to train with a trainer yo don't want to be with, as part of that contract.
                      Nobody's forcing anybody! If he dont want to fight Rios, then say so!!! But not after top rank & HBO already invested on it! It make him look like a Coward just like Floyd!

Comment

Working...
                      X