No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux to take on Kennedy on Pacquiao – Bradley card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    There's an interview (written) saying that he does not want to fight Rigo because he is "boring". Yet he fought Narvaez, who is/wasn't a very entertaining fight. I also believe there's a video of Donaire saying he does not want to fight Rigo to bring on Gamboa sooooo.....
    I've seen and read that interview, but those comments were made after the Narvaez fight. Donaire was essentially saying that he didn't want to make the same mistake twice: fight an overly defensive-minded fighter. Nonetheless, I agree; the real reason Nonito doesn't want to fight Rigo is because Guillermo is too much risk/too little reward.

Comment

looks to me that what happened at 126 with juanma/gamboa is gonna happen at 122 with donaire/rigondeaux. they arent ever gonna fight becuase rigondeaux is never gonna be deemed abig enough star/attraction for it to happen. btw both fighters are fighting vpretty weak fights in a very weak division. why they dont fight each other is beyond me. waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
        I concur BOT! NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY with a name in or around 122 wants anything to do with RIGO. . .

I talked to Donaire on his facebook page, and he claims that he's telling dunkin and arum he wants Rigo, but his scheduled is "already plotted out" for the rest of 2012. . Maybe early-mid 2013 we could see it happen for all the marbles at 122. . .
        Donaire will be at 126 or fighting his last fight at 122 by the time Mid 2013 rolls around, and it won't be against Rigondeaux.

I hate Rigondeaux-Kennedy as much as anyone else, but does anyone really think Rigo went to Arum and was like "Get me Teon Kennedy, not Nishioka, Arce, Donaire, Shimoda, or Molitor".............

Don't expect Rigondeaux to get any decent fights at 122 until Nonito is at Featherweight. Rigo-Ramos was alright I guess, Ramos did knock Shimoda out, even though he was loosing the fight. And it got Rigo a world title.

I would have preferred Rigodneaux-Molitor/Shimoda to this though.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          But hey, if you and Donaire are proud of beating Narvaez more power to you guys.
          Narvaez is better than Ramos...... Just saying

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
            He is a better fighter but Narvaez at 118 in MSG still a f**king joke. He had no business fighting for Donaire's Bantamweight titles or fighting at 118 for that matter. I knew Rigo would blow Ramos out of the water, but it was an alright fight. Ramos had just knocked Shimoda out to win the WBA SBW title, even though he was down on points during the fight. And it got Rigo a title of a champion.

I just don't see how people can say Rigondeaux is known enough to fight Donaire, but then he fights Omar Narvaez last year, and is fighting Mijares. No casual fan knows who Mijares is anymore than they know who Rigondeaux is. And what business does Mijares have fighting for Donaire's SBW title, that he won off a guy who'd just been KO'd by Arce in his first step up in class???? When is the time Mijares had a good win??? 2008 against Sasakul, Munoz, and Navarro at Super Flyweight. Donaire-Mijares would have been a great fight in 2008. But since then, Mijares has been beaten by Darchinyan and Cermeno, and his only other sort of notable win since then was Rosas.

I was surprised when I heard Donaire-Terrazas was about to happen, because I thought Nonito would fight Arce or Nishioka next. But, I didn't mind the Terrazas fight. At least he just beat Montiel and is a legit opponent for Donaire. But then when they announced Mijares will probably be his opponent, EVERYONE was like what the f**k???? It's 3 pointless fights for Donaire in a row.

And hey, I hate Rigo-Kennedy as much as anyone, but what can Rigo do when the Top rated SBW don't want to fight him, or when Bob Arum seems unwilling to match Rigo against them???

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
              He is a better fighter but Narvaez at 118 in MSG still a f**king joke. He had no business fighting for Donaire's Bantamweight titles or fighting at 118 for that matter. I knew Rigo would blow Ramos out of the water, but it was an alright fight. Ramos had just knocked Shimoda out to win the WBA SBW title, even though he was down on points during the fight. And it got Rigo a title of a champion.

I just don't see how people can say Rigondeaux is known enough to fight Donaire, but then he fights Omar Narvaez last year, and is fighting Mijares. No casual fan knows who Mijares is anymore than they know who Rigondeaux is. And what business does Mijares have fighting for Donaire's SBW title, that he won off a guy who'd just been KO'd by Arce in his first step up in class???? When is the time Mijares had a good win??? 2008 against Sasakul, Munoz, and Navarro at Super Flyweight. Donaire-Mijares would have been a great fight in 2008. But since then, Mijares has been beaten by Darchinyan and Cermeno, and his only other sort of notable win since then was Rosas.

I was surprised when I heard Donaire-Terrazas was about to happen, because I thought Nonito would fight Arce or Nishioka next. But, I didn't mind the Terrazas fight. At least he just beat Montiel and is a legit opponent for Donaire. But then when they announced Mijares will probably be his opponent, EVERYONE was like what the f**k???? It's 3 pointless fights for Donaire in a row.

And hey, I hate Rigo-Kennedy as much as anyone, but what can Rigo do when the Top rated SBW don't want to fight him, or when Bob Arum seems unwilling to match Rigo against them???
              Every one of Donaires opponents recently has been an ex-titlest at some point..... Who the f#ck is TK??? If Donaire was to fight him next how would u or Rigo fans react??? But since it's Rigo it's ok..... Yes I noticed u said it was a s#!t fight but him and his fans can't talk at all about any old or new opponents if Rigo signs up for this BS...... VT, Mijares, Arce and Narvaez are all better then TK

Comment

I agree. But what exactly are you saying? lol

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  I agree. But what exactly are you saying? lol
                  All of Donaires potential opponents are better then TK..... Or would u disagree???

Comment

meh not interested in this one......

Comment

Every one of Donaires opponents recently has been an ex-titlest at some point..... Who the f#ck is TK??? If Donaire was to fight him next how would u or Rigo fans react??? But since it's Rigo it's ok..... Yes I noticed u said it was a s#!t fight but him and his fans can't talk at all about any old or new opponents if Rigo signs up for this BS...... VT, Mijares, Arce and Narvaez are all better then TK
                      I agree. But, how can Rigo fight guys that are unwilling to fight him or that Bob Arum is unwilling to match him against, at least until Nonito is out of the division??? Do you really think Rigo went to Arum or Todd and was like "Get me Teon Kennedy".....F**K NO.

I would have been prefectly cool with Nonito fighting Terrazas, Arce, or Nishioka....Mijares at 122 RIGHT NOW, not so much. Narvaez at 118.....not so much. WV2 for a SBW title.....not so much. WV2's only step up had been against Arce and he was TKO'd.

What will you say IF Nonito only ends up fighting Vazquez Jr, Mijares, and Terrazas/Arce at 122, than moves up???? It'll be disappointing to me at least. No Nishioka or Rigondeaux at 122????

Narvaez was still a crappy title defense at 118, there's no way around that one. He had no business fighting for titles at BW. Same goes Mijares at 122 right now. Mijares was good 4 years ago at Super Flyweight, hasn't done a damn thing in 4 years.

Montiel was a really good/great win. Narvaez was an alright win. Vazquez Jr was an ehhhh win. Mijares will be an ehhhh win. And then Arce would be a good win. Or Terrazas will be a pretty good win. Nishioka or Rigondeaux will be really good wins.

Comment

Working...
                      X