Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm 28 years old. 6ft and 180lbs in great physical shape.. could calderon hurt me?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's a pro boxer, damn straight he could hurt you. Whether he could KO you depends on your punch resistance, whatever size you are. I wouldn't rule it out.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
      Mayweather is closer to an average sized man with average sized reach. Calderon is a little person.
      You think Mayweather has average reach ?.

Comment

Originally posted by da_beast View Post
        Welcome buddy... That's my point.. I'm not saying Calderon wouldn't beat me on point but what I am saying is that he wouldn't knock me out and I said Malignaggi wouldn't spark me clean out in 1 shot either... This is my point..
        I doubt you get sparked on one punch from either, but the difference in speed, skill, & technique would play a major role. While your trying to land they would opportunities to hit you w/ shots you don't see coming or expect to be hit w/. Eventually you'd be stopped by either imo, but who knows, you could be a good fighter. Show us.

Comment

180 pounds is not big. If you were like 300 pounds and 7 feet tall then I will give you that. Shaq and the Big Show took some good punches from DLH, Mosley and Floyd.

Didnt you see shot Gatti drop that random guy like 8 times on Pros vs Joes? Most of the time the boxers were nice on that show, like RJJ just played around but for whatever reason Gatti felt like kicking some ass and dropped that guy almost every time he landed. Plus defensively, he literally looked like pernell whitaker in there stooping low and making him miss every single shot. It was a brutal ass whooping. And 180, or 200 pounds or anything like that is not big at all. Calderon and Pauli would whoop your ass.

Comment

Ivan Calderon will not knock you out. He could possibly make you quit or perhaps cause facial damage forcing you to quit, but those punches arent knocking you down or out.

Paulie would probably stop you.

And people need to chill out about the OP acting like a tough guy. This is a valid discussion that can be debated scientifically. This guy is 180 pounds, that's about the same size as JCC JR on fight night. Granted, he is in much better shape than the OP but could you see Ivan Calderon ever doing any damage to him?

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho Paul View Post
              You think Mayweather has average reach ?.
              for his height, hell no. He has longer reach than most other guys in his weight class. Longer reach than cotto who started 2 divisions higher than him.

A lot of the best have features they were just born with. Like Pac having wrists bigger than some heavyweights, winky having unusually long forearms ect.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
                Ivan Calderon will not knock you out. He could possibly make you quit or perhaps cause facial damage forcing you to quit, but those punches arent knocking you down or out.

Paulie would probably stop you.

And people need to chill out about the OP acting like a tough guy. This is a valid discussion that can be debated scientifically. This guy is 180 pounds, that's about the same size as JCC JR on fight night. Granted, he is in much better shape than the OP but could you see Ivan Calderon ever doing any damage to him?
                Thanks bro.. Finally someone see's that I'm not having the discussion in a macho term but just general curiosity... I'm in tremendous shape and always have been... I live in Scotland and climb munro's and regularly have my bag tent and all camping equipment on my back for 7 days solid... My stamina is out this world... This Is a common past time in scotland.. I just want to know if people think he could KO an in shape 180lbser who is in good shape.. My opinion is that he couldnt

Comment

Post a pic of your body holding a peice of paper saying ur screen name. You can edit out your face if you want. How else are we gonna know if your really in good shape or if ur just talking out ur ass

Comment

yep both can and will hurt you

Comment

size means 0 when you arnt use to getting hit and they will hit you fast and accurate as hell

Comment

Working...
                      X