Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm 28 years old. 6ft and 180lbs in great physical shape.. could calderon hurt me?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There should be exhibition fights where a pro can take on amateurs of bigger size, just for entertainment, not to go on their records. I could see the event selling and would get some amateurs great exposure if they fight well.

Comment

• Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
      paulie would knock anyone on here clean out ,,,he comes to my gym to spar and absolutely light the **** outta patrick day the #1 amateur at 152 in the world would have easily stopped him
      and patrick day is ***ing nasty
      i have agreed since this post was made last year that paulie would **** me up and i admit it was a ****** statement. but i doubt calderon does

Comment

• Originally posted by da_beast View Post
        ive been in the ring with a pro. Not a top one but one who is a 160lbsr
        Yes, but ANYONE can turn pro. We're talking about elite professionals. The difference is astounding.

Comment

• And I mean ONLY three rounds maximum, with cup, headgear, etc. Just an exhibition fight for fun. I think that would be cool.

Comment

lol im not dragging calderons name though the mud. My friends asked me who was the best boxer in the smallest division and i said calderon. They then asked if i think he could ko me... I said in a ring i dont think so
            You're a good man. I jumped up on you from somewhere out in left field. My apologies. Tell your friends to hypothetically line you up with guys that are more your size.

Originally posted by valero View Post
            There should be exhibition fights where a pro can take on amateurs of bigger size, just for entertainment, not to go on their records. I could see the event selling and would get some amateurs great exposure if they fight well.
            I could see the event getting alot of kids hurt, horrible idea.............Rockin'

Comment

• Originally posted by valero View Post
              There should be exhibition fights where a pro can take on amateurs of bigger size, just for entertainment, not to go on their records. I could see the event selling and would get some amateurs great exposure if they fight well.
              Didnt they do a pro's vs Joes and Gatti put a beating on some dudes

Comment

• He could only hurt you if you have absolutely no skills at all. If you know your way around the ring and can slip shots, he couldn't do much to you.

In fact, if you're halfway decent, you'd probably kick the **** out of him. He's like 100 pounds and can't punch.

Comment

i have agreed since this post was made last year that paulie would **** me up and i admit it was a ****** statement. but i doubt calderon does
                  What a very strange thread..

But yeah..I've heard of guys going in with pro fighters (and I never went beyond local level sparring) and they've said the difference in ability is unbelievable...size ain't the issue (you've heard the saying 'it ain't the size of the dog in the fight...'). Unless you're kinda superhuman, a pro boxer, no matter how small, f#kks you right up without breaking sweat.

There was a 'tube clip doing the rounds recently where a 18/19 year old street fighter comes in to a boxing gym, challenges, and has his ass handed to him by a 14 YO - the bigger guy kinda does OK for a coupla minutes but gasses real quick and the kid just pours it on til the coach stops it outta mercy.

Hold up -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkhU0...yer_detailpage

There's the baby. My bad, kid was 15 big guy is 20
                  Last edited by Citizen Koba; 12-16-2013, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Didnt they do a pro's vs Joes and Gatti put a beating on some dudes
                    I just looked that up and saw that Roy Jones Jr. was in season 2 of the show.

Comment

• Originally posted by valero View Post
                      I just looked that up and saw that Roy Jones Jr. was in season 2 of the show.
                      haahahaha no way? RJJ? if you could find a link of the RJJ or Gatti one could you please pm me it. I have been looking for a while and cant find them

Comment

Working...
                      X