No announcement yet.

I think vitilia prime beats prime tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
    What gives the impression that the Tyson that got beat by Douglas wasn't prime? He may not have trained as good as he should have but he 100% was most certainly prime. No doubt about it.
    Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    Again, I think Vitali would've been brain ****ed before he even stepped in the ring.

Mike had a lot of "personal" problems leading up to the Douglass fight.

Personally, I don't think Tyson reached his greatest potential; I think if Cus would've been his trainer his entire career, I'm not sure Tyson would've ever lost. To me, that's Tyson's true prime.

But even with that, I still think Vitali would've been scared straight. The stuff we see Vitali doing today would've been non existent (i.e fighting with hands down).
    Interesting point of views here. I think you're both right. Physically, Tyson was prime no doubt about it but Robin Givens had mind ****ed him by this point.

Comment

I love Mike Tyson and looking at recent interviews he's really come down to Earth as a gentle human being. But, I think way too many people just watched highlight reels of Tyson KO.

He's like prime Vince Carter in that his highlights really dazzle you and make you forget about all his flaws.

But if you watch him against poor man B- versions of Lennox Lewis like Tyrell Biggs and Tony Tucker, they troubled prime Tyson for long stretches with their semi good movements and jabs. That's why I think even if Tyson had met Lennox in the 90's it will be game over. Pre or Post Prison. Block Head fresh prince hairstyle lennox was 100x more aggressive then dreads Lennox, so even if Lennox had met Tyson in 91 I think he would have KOed Mike. The 96+ version of Lennox was just a monster, he had everything and he would not have gone lazy against Mike as he did against rahman vitali and mc call. That was Lennox's one major issue, that he gets too lazy and arrogant.

Lennox did avenged all his defeats, but he could have been #1 all time or at least people can argue he can be #1 all time. If he did the following 3 things

1- Didn't get lazy against Mc call
      2- Didn't get lazy against Rahman
      3- Train his heart out against vitali and beat him decisively.

If he did the following 3 things only he woulda been higher rank then Ali or Joe Louis.

Tyson had really basic and elementary boxing skills compare to Lennox, most of Tyson's abilities were in his insane ferocity and head movements getting inside your jab and working the body.

Mike was a 3 phase boxer
      Lennox was a 11 phase boxer. So lennox would have always beaten mike.
      The only time Mike woulda KO Lennox bad was in the 80's and that was because Lennox is a late bloomer and was in the amateurs.

Oh and I think prime vitali vs Prime Tyson will be decent fight.

Comment

If you thinkVitali could beat Tyson you are entitled to your opinion and cant be proven wrong without a shadow of a doubt.

But i remember prime Tyson as something quite remarkable in terms of what he could do. What rings in my ear is tyrell biggs fought prime tyson and he said he is the best he ever fought, haven fought Lennox and Tyson, so must be taken into consideration.

Everyone was being lined up to be the next heavyweight to beat Tyson and most invariably fell by the wayside, until buster came along. Im not sure how far back he had gone by the time buster got him, or if he just had a bad day at the office.
        But on Vitalis day he can do remarkable stuff as well. Fantasy fights are frustrating cos they will never happen just like Tyson and holyfield never happened.
        It would be a good fight thats for sure.

Comment

Again, I think Vitali would've been brain ****ed before he even stepped in the ring.

Personally, I don't think Tyson reached his greatest potential; I think if Cus would've been his trainer his entire career, I'm not sure Tyson would've ever lost. To me, that's Tyson's true prime.

But even with that, I still think Vitali would've been scared straight. The stuff we see Vitali doing today would've been non existent (i.e fighting with hands down).
          Vitali wouldn't have been scared, I can't say who would have won

Comment

If David haye could hit wald and hurt him
            Then Tyson will kill him

If Chris Byrd can hit vitali and make him miss then Tyson will murk him

I don't have to make some logic for this there opposition has been crap an if it was good they were to small is it their faults no but there's no one they've faced who could make me believe they would beat prime Tyson

Comment

Tyson probably would make Vitali retire inside 6.

Comment

The one thing Vitali seems to struggle against is head movement, Byrd and Chisora showed good head movement and they where both tough fights for Vitali. I think a prime Tyson would have to much upper body movement and speed for Vitali, If Chisora and Byrd can back Vitali up and land to the body so can Tyson.

I think Wlad's style would give Tyson more trouble than Vitali's, clinching Tyson every time he got close and pushing him down and working him at range with the jab. Wlads weak chin would probably let him down though.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
                  Whoop de ****ing do noob. and vitali is better than buster douglas.
                  lol reverse logic owned

Comment

Vitali is a handful for any heavyweight ever, I feel Lewis & johnson are the only heavies to give him a hard time mabye beat him!

Comment

I like you but I don't think there is any way Vitali would be intimidated by Tyson. He's just not wired that way. No way.

Comment

Working...
                      X