Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcers- HBO or Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gus Johnson was all-time bad when commentating Juanma-Salido. He was horrible the whole fight.

Just lets Al Bernstein talk and provide a few color commentary comments.

Gus was just awful.

Comment

HBO and it's not even close.

Comment

Showtime for me! But I do enjoy commentary from Kellerman and RJJ on HBO, when they're doing it together!

Comment

I love Merchant, Jones, Bernstein, and Tarver. Beyond that the networks are pretty much a wash, and are good and annoying in their own way. I would never turn the sound off though. I have to hear the impact of the punches, crowd, corner instructions, and the sounds of boxing in general. I love the international feeds with no commentary at all.

Comment

Another Tarver fan here. Dude's great.

I like Merchant which I guess goes against the grain a bit, although I do prefer Al.

Comment

I think Tarver and Al is great.

Lampley is weak overall because like many have said he talks to much about stuff not going on in the ring.

But Jim is the most clutch, big moment commentary guy out there.

Comment

I like a bit of Colonel Bob Sheridan, myself

Comment

if they got rid of Gus Johnson, Showtime by a hair

cant stand the idiots at HBO anymore, it was better with George Foreman

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    Yea, that's what I do sometimes when I'm trying to score... because sometimes they're annoying...I don't need to know how their vacation to Ireland was while I'm trying to watch 2 dudes fight.... it's irritating.
                    I like Sky... but out of the 2, showtime... HBO is too biased
                    ÊXACTLY this^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gus's 3rd round call in the JuanMa-Salido fight had me dying LMAO...I like that Showtime crew ALOT!!...Tarver and Bernstein don't argue over who knows more about boxing....and Gus doesn't have to play ref like Lampley does

Comment

I like them both but Antonio Tarver is my favorite announcer. Overall, I'd rate them both about evenly.

Comment

Working...
                      X