No announcement yet.

Announcers- HBO or Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
    Gus Johnson was complete sh$t on Saturday.

Some of the worst commentary I've ever heard.
    OK? That is your opinion...WTF do you want me to do? Reply and try to convince you to like Johnson lol

Comment

Originally posted by William Blake View Post
      I really wonder about that. Consider the Pacquiao-Hatton fight- Lampley didn't even know Pacquiao landed a right hook. Watch the commentary from Sky Sports in the UK, those guys were incredible.

What are some of Jim's big moments, or memorable commentary lines in the clutch?
      Oscar-Vargas and Foreman-Moorer come to mind.

Comment

Another good one

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          Oscar-Vargas and Foreman-Moorer come to mind.

Those are good calls by Lampley, especially the De La Hoya-Vargas

Comment

Gus Johnson, Tarver, Al best team out their

second

is Larry, Lampey, RJJ

Comment

showtime hands down.

gus annoys me, but everyone else on showtime acctually enhance the fight. steward and RJJ are the only ppl on hbo who do that. merchant, lampley and kellerman all suck more than gus do. i think merchant does it on purpose, nobody can suck that bad by accident.

showtime and sky are good, hbo are terrible. i usually look for a sky version when hbo air fights, atleast if merchant is working the card.
              Last edited by #1Assassin; 03-12-2012, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Johnson can be a little much, but he's not bad. Lampley says "As if to say" more than anyone should commentating on a boxing match. Bernstein is my favorite out of all of them. Unbiased and tells it how it is. Merchant and Kellerman to lesser extent get on my nerves at times. RJJ and Steward always say "This is exactly what I though would happen." Even if it is, they need to offer more. Tarver is very well spoken and has very good points. But on HBO, it feels like an event. It doesn't always feel that way with Showtime.

Comment

Showtime.

I can't overlook the god awful bias that comes from the HBO guy's, it's embarrassing at times.

Comment

Max Kellerman, Jim Lampley, Roy Jones Jr, Emanuel Steward and George Foreman

Comment

Al Bernstein >>>>>>>>> Everyone else by far.

But I actually prefer the HBO team overall. Just their presence gives each event a "big fight" feel that Showtime lacks, even though they have been slipping in the last few years.

I don't like Gus Johnson doing boxing commentary at all. His boxing knowledge seems very limited and he was especially annoying on Saturday with his "when will the real Juanma show up?" spiel over and over. IMO he should stick to football, here is one of my favorite football calls of the last decade, courtesy of Gus:

(0:26)

Comment

Working...
                      X