No announcement yet.

Black boxers have stronger skin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.0pal View Post
    Keep reading. While you're at it I'll ask you to also tell me when Roy was known as a bleeder or somebody who busted up easily. Also, provide more pics of Roy busted up.
    So by dark what or WHO are u reffering to? U said Roy is not dark enough so what is ur definition of "dark"?

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
      I think you'll find most studies conclude that bigger brains = more intelligence.
      Actually there's not enough information to conclude anything either way on the topic. Most Doctors/Scientists and the like actually believe there is very little to no correlation between brain size and intelligence

Comment

what a dumb thread

people bruise the same its just when the skin gets darker its harder to see the bruise compare to the one that has a light skin

Comment

Originally posted by PACsmash View Post
          So by dark what or WHO are u reffering to? U said Roy is not dark enough so what is ur definition of "dark"?
          I did not say Roy was "not dark enough". I said he's not that dark. My point is that there are some very light skinned blacks. Some are as yellow as pacquiao. Those blacks are actually dilutted (if you will) or very mixed with non-black blood and as a result do not have skin as strong as typical dark skinned blacks. So you can't simply look at somebody like Winky Wright or Vernon Paris as examples although they are classified as "black". Even with Roy not being that dark, I say once again, HE WAS NEVER KNOWN AS A BLEEDER OR A GUY WHO BUSTS UP EASILY.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
            Actually there's not enough information to conclude anything either way on the topic. Most Doctors/Scientists and the like actually believe there is very little to no correlation between brain size and intelligence
            I wasn't even going to acknowledge his comments anymore. That theory came about when scientists were also involved in eugenics.

Comment

Even if you are correct TS, so what?

Comment

Having played competitive rugby for years I always felt that the pasty white guys who were fair haired or ginger always used to look much worse after a game, the black guys you never noticed as much damage, but I never realised that our skin was massively different, I just thought the shades made it appear different. You learn something new everyday!

A couple of things I have noticed about black guys and skin, they get terrible ingrowing hairs in their beard. Check the necks of a lot of black guys, they have bad times with shaving rash (its actually ingrowing hairs). Black guys when they get injured, they seem to produce more scar tissue compared to white folks, you will notice if a black guy gets cut, the scar tissue and wound area will have much more scar tissue built up then a white guy for example.

Comment

Originally posted by UmissUpay View Post
                  what a dumb thread

people bruise the same its just when the skin gets darker its harder to see the bruise compare to the one that has a light skin
                  You'd be ignorant to say there wasnt a structural difference between Blacks and Lighter shades. This very may well suggest that there MIGHT be a difference in how different shades of skin absorb punches differently.

An excerpt from an article I was reading

"In comparison with white skin, the black skin stratum corneum is equal in thickness but more compact. about twenty cell layers are observed in blacks versus sixteen layers in whites. The lipid content of black epidermis is also somewhat higher, and this perhaps explains the greater cellular cohesion, hence the difficulty in stripping off the black horny layer. The higher electrical resistance of black skin suggests that the black epidermis would be less hydrated than white epidermis. Black skin has many more mixed apocrine-eccrine sweat glands than does white skin and more blood and lymphatic vessels."

Comment

everybody knows this!!..dark/brown skin is the toughest the creator made

The distinctions between our skin of color and white skin are numerous.

The most notable differences include:

•More melanin, or brown skin pigment, resulting in a warmer skin shade
                    •Greater natural protection from the sun and lower risk of skin cancer
                    •Fewer visible signs of aging, such as deep wrinkles, fine lines, and sun spots

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
                      Having played competitive rugby for years I always felt that the pasty white guys who were fair haired or ginger always used to look much worse after a game, the black guys you never noticed as much damage, but I never realised that our skin was massively different, I just thought the shades made it appear different. You learn something new everyday!

A couple of things I have noticed about black guys and skin, they get terrible ingrowing hairs in their beard. Check the necks of a lot of black guys, they have bad times with shaving rash (its actually ingrowing hairs). Black guys when they get injured, they seem to produce more scar tissue compared to white folks, you will notice if a black guy gets cut, the scar tissue and wound area will have much more scar tissue built up then a white guy for example.
                      I think the rashes from shaving comes from blacks having much thicker hair. As a result we have bigger roots and pores which might take more damage from a razor. As for the scar tissue, I'm not sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X