Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it that Puertorican fighers are chinny and weak or

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its insane how much scrutiny and criticism an island of just 5 million gets around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Clutch93 View Post
      Its insane how much scrutiny and criticism an island of just 5 million gets around here.
      Ricans have great fighters man......but in reality they are not as tough as mexicans.they are usually more skilled but just dont have the toughness of their rivals................i cant think of a nation that has tougher fighters than Mexicans to be honest cause most mexicans lack defense but just keep coming.its work ethic.in America there are no harder workers than Mexicans

Comment

imho its on the training and natural ability gained from that, in asia the koreans have very good chins but they are weak at the bread basket...

i also agree with one poster that in general mexicans fight it out and puertoricans box it out their lies the difference...

Comment

.......Puerto Ricans are pretty good...

they're right behind the cubans right now.. but it's understandable

U.S
          Mexico
          Cuba
          PR

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
            Ricans have great fighters man......but in reality they are not as tough as mexicans.they are usually more skilled but just dont have the toughness of their rivals................i cant think of a nation that has tougher fighters than Mexicans to be honest cause most mexicans lack defense but just keep coming.its work ethic.in America there are no harder workers than Mexicans
            filipinos usually fight it out, also lacks defense and rarely box but the training level that we have in the Phillipines which is poor, dont make them as tough as the mexicans ...

if we only have world calss trainers...

Comment

You can't train for a better chin.

Comment

I don't think its genetic at all and frankly I don't accept that.

Also Gomez had a great chin, and Cotto has had a good chin when trained properly but their chin cracked when they were punched on the chin repeatedly. Meaning that many fighters that appear chinny simply get hit a lot.

Also one must understand the training advantages of other locations many many feet above sea level vs training at the beach. The sweet science has been passed down from generation to generation in Mexico and frankly I just feel that many fighters get underrated. They get downplayed as just tough that take 2 or 3 to land 1. That is simply not the case.

To say that a fighter like for example JCC simply had on an incredible chin, and impenetrable skin because he is Mexican and that is how they fight is frankly an insult to the high skill with which he boxed and employed his incredibly technical offensive craft, not to mention the miles and miles and miles of road work at high altitude while being in seclusion for months on end. The sacrifice a tremendous athlete like that performs to be in peak shape and have the skill to not be hit with anything serious is something many boxers have yet to master.

Anybody with questionable work ethic, that gets hit flush a lot, and is a stationary target will appear chinny.

Look at Fernando Vargas..... lets face it the man was a beast but he never put in the work the Elite fighters that appear to have great chins put in.

Look at other Mexican greats besides JCC with "chins of Granite" like Morales, Marquez, Castillo, and others....

They all put in many many many hours into that roadwork. Secluded from friends and family up at 12,000+ feet of altitude where its cold pretty much year round and the ground is anything but flat and all of this Monday through saturday..... then come back later that same day to put in some sparring with some of the top contenders in the sport and work on skills and technique that have been refined over many generations. Merely taking Sunday as the resting day.

That is what it takes ladies and gentlemen.

Do all that hard work and hear someone tell you that you are just born with it to see if you don't feel your hard work and your craft that's been passed down generation after generation is being under appreciated.

Boxing is the modern day equivalent of the Martial Arts where it is a craft practiced and learned at great costs over a great period of time. That my friends is what separates Boxing from MMA. One you can compete in after taking a "karate" class.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                  lmfao...................
                  why should i name 10? What good does that do? You know you really ask some dumbass` questions.

I dont have to name 10 to make my point. What i do know is that Floyd wont fight one...heheheheheheeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
                    filipinos usually fight it out, also lacks defense and rarely box but the training level that we have in the Phillipines which is poor, dont make them as tough as the mexicans ...

if we only have world calss trainers...
                    mexicans are tough fighters but ricans do a good job in their rivalry.

Philippine boxing does a ways to go. I want to see a Pinoy superstar trained solely out of the Philippines; not having to train in the USA.

Comment

I was told by one old trainer in ATL GA, that puertoricans are born with thin jaw bones due by having 0% floride in thier drinking water as children. Dont know how true that is,but i did hear that many years ago. I will add that having little defense leading to taking hard flush punches square on the chin does not help. I believe thier mentally tough and love to fight, but there culture style is to look for the ko at all cost. All I know is that boxing wouldnt be boxing with out yellow,brown,white and BLACK fghters! I appriciate all styles and races in the boxng game.

Comment

Working...
                      X