Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume Pernell Whitaker or Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It scares me that Manny is winning the poll somehow. Prime Whitaker was untouchable and he proved it against the BEST

Comment

• Whitaker the better fighter,, in my opinion top 5 of my lifetime,,,,

but if you are going by resume,, i gotta go with manny.... his fights with mab em and jmm, put his resume over the top of pernell's

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Whitaker the better fighter,, in my opinion top 5 of my lifetime,,,,

but if you are going by resume,, i gotta go with manny.... his fights with mab em and jmm, put his resume over the top of pernell's
        You sure Whitaker's wins over JCC and Azumah Nelson doesn't triumph that? To even debate that is stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
          You sure Whitaker's wins over JCC and Azumah Nelson doesn't triumph that? To even debate that is stupid.
          Note its coming from a guy that doesn't even rate Whitaker as one of the best from the 90s-now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Whitaker the better fighter,, in my opinion top 5 of my lifetime,,,,

Whitaker was more slick, but wasn't a better fighter.
            But yes im surprised Whitaker is so close to Pac in the resume dept. Pac was just a steamroller for 7 years fighting top notch competition.

Whitaker vs Floyd resume would be interesting debate, but I don't think Perenll is comparable to Pac.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              Pernell Whitaker would have beat Pacquiao, but he doesn't have the better resume. With that said, Pernell should have a win over Chavez Sr on his, and Pacquiao should have a loss or two against Marquez.

Cool story

Comment

• Originally posted by FilMor View Post
                Cool story
                Pernell was far and away better than Pac...resume and all..

Show me a pic of him sleeping on his face and I'll concede..

Comment

• Originally posted by Madjab View Post
                  Note its coming from a guy that doesn't even rate Whitaker as one of the best from the 90s-now.
                  If you are talking about the top ten of this era, no i didnt put whittaker on it,, i put him in chavez in the era before that,,, they were in their primes in the 80's and yes in the 90's pernell did some great stuff, but i was only going back to about mid 90's,,,, Pernell should have probably been included, i just didnt put him on it bc when i think of pernell i think of the late 80's vs roger mayweather etc.....

I do see your point, but dont think i dont highly regard pernell,, i said in this post he was top5 of my lifetime...

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                    Yes those wins are great, and on the same level as manny's wins...

Manny i think just has more of them....

Same quality but more quantity

Pernell is a better fighter,, manny a better resume,,,,,

Comment

• Well since Marquez became the greatest to ever come out of Mexico those 2 official wins Pacquiao has over him look pretty outstanding.

Comment

Working...
                      X