Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume Pernell Whitaker or Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
    That was a real question.
    OK, it's Mcgirt.

Now watch these videos and decide intelligently (if you are capable of doing that) who is better between the two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2iqy4gOQZw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08kUTlcjCfU

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
      not at all. I thought Sweat Pea won the fight. I haven't seen that fight in years though.
      Then Why would you even bring it up for?

That was one of the worse robberies of all time. Just because he was a SD loss, doesn't mean that Whitaker didn't dominate the fight.

Floyd Mayweather, had a SD win against Oscar. But, that fight wasn't close at all. You couldn't give Oscar more than 4 rounds and that is being generous. Floyd won clearly 8 rounds. Whitaker was much more dominant against Ramirez than what Floyd was against Oscar. Looking at boxred and seeing SD W/L doesn't necessary mean it was close at all.

Again one of the worse robberies of all time. It is hard for me to find a bigger robbery than that one in the last 30 years. Only Martinez-Cintron might challenge it just because he got robbed twice in the same fight. But, that's how big the robbery of the first Whitaker-Ramirez fight was.

Comment

Originally posted by tatangb45 View Post
        OK, it's Mcgirt.

Now watch these videos and decide intelligently (if you are capable of doing that) who is better between the two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2iqy4gOQZw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08kUTlcjCfU
        I looked, I saw, I concluded that it is/was Whitaker.

Comment

Even Whitakers trainer was telling whitaker in the corner i believe before the 10th or 11th that "This is a close fight now, you gotta win these next few rounds" or something of the sorts.....why would he say that if he himself who trains whitaker and was watching the fight at ringside didn't feel it was close at all?
          The same guy told Meldrick Taylor he needed the 12th round to beat Chavez.

Doesn't mean anything.

Scoring wise Whitaker won the fight going away.

Comment

Originally posted by catalinul View Post
            The same guy told Meldrick Taylor he needed the 12th round to beat Chavez.

Doesn't mean anything.

Scoring wise Whitaker won the fight going away.
            How does whitaker fair vs Henry Armstrong? Benny Leonard? Roberto Duran? @ 135lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
              He believes Pac is a better fighter than Whitaker?

Comment

How does whitaker fair vs Henry Armstrong? Benny Leonard? Roberto Duran? @ 135lbs
                Don't have enough knowledge to make a pick against Armstrong or Leonard.

I'd probably pick him against Duran.

Comment

Originally posted by catalinul View Post
                  Don't have enough knowledge to make a pick against Armstrong or Leonard.

I'd probably pick him against Duran.
                  One of my co-workers thinks a lightweight Shane Mosley would have gave Whitaker problems....

Comment

I love Shane but.....

His lightweight run was good no doubt,maybe even very good but his opponents weren't exactly top notch.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                      Be more specific. Based on those two videos, in what department would you say Whitaker is better than Pac? Movement? Power? Accuracy? Work rate?

Let's try to be without bias, OK?

Comment

Working...
                      X