Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume Pernell Whitaker or Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
    What do you consider JMM 2nd best win besides Pacquiao?
    Pacquiao. Then Pacquiao for the 3rd and 4th time. Then probably Barrera followed by Casamayor and Gainer.

Comment

• The more interesting question would be who would win. Not even the great WW's of the 80's have credentials to match Pacquiao...but they might beat him head on!

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
        Stardom means absolutely nothing when it pertains to this topic or earnings, Pernell Whitaker clearly has the better resume, and has more stand out victories with Nelson and Chavez. How about McGirt, Roger Mayweather, Julio Caesar Vasquez at '54, Haugen, JLR, even DLH arguably, I don't see how a case can be made for Pacquiao. I don't care how many alts voted for him but I'd like to see a good argument at least.
        barrera twice, one by brutal stoppage for lineal featherweight champ
        jmm twice and a draw, one of them for lineal 130 championship
        morales twice by ko, first to stop him
        hatton by brutal 2nd round ko for a lineal championship
        Cotto by brutal stoppage
        oscar by brutal stoppage
        margs was an absolute beatdown...
        plus the titles at 112, 122, 135

Manny had brutal stoppages and fought the best available guys...

Haugen was a good not great fighter,,, Hatton would have beat him up,, Same goes for Mcgirt and Vasquez.. Margs beats both those guys,, I would favor cotto beating roger,

Nelson and JCC were the best fighters either had fought but pernell got a draw with jcc, and if you say it should have been a win, then you gotta put on there bradley as a win for manny,, bradley on the same level as mcgirt
        No question both pernell and manny are great fighters,,, but strictly resumes,, still gotta go with manny

Manny would have destroy roger and haugen in about 6 rounds combined, both competitive fights with pernell

Comment

• marquez vs jcc would be an interesting fight

Comment

• Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
            marquez vs jcc would be an interesting fight
            Chavez of the 80's would break him down,,, JMM barely got past barrera,, chavez would beat by breaking him down,, would be a helluva fight,, but jcc is EL GRANDE CHAMPION for a reason

Comment

I was threatened recently, someone said he will report me, that's not even me. It was a dog who was getting attacked by a raccoon and the owner came to rescue it, I find the toss to be hilarious!
              Wasn't going to report you over it lol just saying what I saw bit shocking haha.

Comment

• Resume wise, Sweet Pea fought a prime dlh. IMO, won the encounter. Also got in there with Nelson, Chavez and a prime Trinidad. Throw in Paez, Haugen, Hurtado, McGirt, Pineda, Rivera and a few more I may be forgetting and you got yourself one hell of a resume.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Whitaker should 100% have had the win over Chavez Sr, and you could argue that he really beat a prime Oscar as well, even though Whitaker himself was past his prime.

Pernell was also robbed the first fight against Ramirez as well.

People really don't remember how great Pernell Whitaker was.

So, that's 3 possible fights he arguably won with bad judging. Marquez, though very different fighters and Pernell is better of course, is sort of like the Pernell Whitaker of this era. Marquez arguably beat Pacquiao all 3 times, Norwood, and John.
                  Pernell was Rigondeaux without the punch, a master boxer with a better defense than Floyd...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Chavez of the 80's would break him down,,, JMM barely got past barrera,, chavez would beat by breaking him down,, would be a helluva fight,, but jcc is EL GRANDE CHAMPION for a reason
                    And then he quit and got a gift dec against Randall, well he got the gift and then quit, twice...

Comment

I was threatened recently, someone said he will report me, that's not even me. It was a dog who was getting attacked by a raccoon and the owner came to rescue it, I find the toss to be hilarious!
                      What happened to the racoon, aren't they dangerous to man?

He was brave.

Comment

Working...
                      X