No announcement yet.

If Pacquiao came up through the American amateurs circuit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
    I think the unique unorthodox style he has is what makes him so great and tough to beat. If he had come up in the amatuers, who knows if trainer gets him out of those habits.
    He did come up in the amateurs though and he was on the Philippines national team if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Very good question and thread. All of us are only speculating but obviously there is no denying his unique and aggressive style are what make him so special yet he does have a lot of flaws in his footwork which were exposed by JMM in all 3 of their fights. I think what truly makes Pacquiao special though is his hand speed, awkward style, and most importantly something that can not be taught his hunger to win stemming from the hardships he went through to get to where he is today. Something extremely important missing is how many different types of styles and trainers there are in USA Boxing where as many other countries all fighters kind of have one similar style USA Boxing has a little bit of everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho Paul View Post
        He did come up in the amateurs though and he was on the Philippines national team if I'm not mistaken.
        I meant an American amateur coach. He was on the Philippine national team, but the coaching philosophies are different in different places.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
          He's fine the way he is.i think the hunger and him coming up from poverty drove him to become what he is today
          thats a good point. without that drive he might not have the physical tools he has today. he would be alot more technical though, less flaws.

wouldnt square up so much, wouldnt reach or leap in with his punches, wouldnt get off balance as often, would be better at cutting the ring off etc.

Comment

So hard to predict. Maybe he ends up with Roach earlier and ends up being the same fighter.

Comment

Better English

Comment

pacquiao is a true athlete, and like most true athletes he is very maleable whilst he stills has his athleticism, problem is a can't imagine pacquiao fighting any other way, so who knows

Comment

Working...
                X