No announcement yet.

If Pacquiao came up through the American amateurs circuit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Pacquiao came up through the American amateurs circuit

"Let's say Pacquiao was raised like Donaire Fil/Am, and fought in the amateur circuit Golden Gloves, Nationals, AIBA tourneys, ect. Would he be the same boxer he is today, or would he be even better? Maybe he might even be worse who knows, but give me a reason you think he may or may not be a better fighter and technically, what would be different about his style."

The Truck

He's fine the way he is.i think the hunger and him coming up from poverty drove him to become what he is today

Comment

Might not have that unorthodox style.

Comment

he probably would have been way better.

there's no boxing like USA boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
          he probably would have been way better.

there's no boxing like USA boxing.
          not true.boxing does not rely on nationality or race.....skills,heart and determination makes a fighter.nationality and race is irrelevant

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
            He's fine the way he is.i think the hunger and him coming up from poverty drove him to become what he is today
            " I'm mean technically do you think he would be more of a well rounded fighter? The guy didn't really develop a right hand until like eight or nine years into his career, but let's say he was classically trained like Donaire or even Floyd...do you think he would have suffered those three losses?"

The Truck

Comment

I think the unique unorthodox style he has is what makes him so great and tough to beat. If he had come up in the amatuers, who knows if trainer gets him out of those habits.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                I think the unique unorthodox style he has is what makes him so great and tough to beat. If he had come up in the amatuers, who knows if trainer gets him out of those habits.
                "Let's say the footwork is a lot better earlier in his career, I honestly have him winning convincingly in the 1st Marquez fight. "

The Truck

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Turner View Post
                  "Let's say the footwork is a lot better earlier in his career, I honestly have him winning convincingly in the 1st Marquez fight. "

The Truck
                  That point is true. And adding the right hook earlier in his career would help too.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                    Yeah I think the instinct of many trainers would be to curb his all out attacking approach but if you do that you risk losing what makes him great.
                    Last edited by Weebler I; 03-08-2012, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X