No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hasim Rahman’s Trainer: Povetkin is There To Be Hit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hasim Rahman’s Trainer: Povetkin is There To Be Hit

Eddie Mustafa Muhammad watched with interest as Alexander Povetkin barely survived a highly controversial split decision win in February over Marco Huck — Muhammad trains Hasim Rahman, whose No. 1 ranking with the World Boxing Association gives him a mandatory shot at the winner.

[Click Here To Read More]

It's just amazing and sad at the same time that Hasim Rahman is still fighting and can get a title shot.

Comment

i wonder how is rahman is mandatory to povetkin ? Beating Galen Brown 35-16-1 and Marcus McGee 22-17-0 ??? I doubt rahman will pass medical tests in the US . promoters don't care about rahman's health .

Comment

and Rahman isnt?

Comment

Povetkin KO4.

Comment

till this day I'm still wondering how Rahman became a mandatory challenger. He's gonna get KO'd, then beat 2 or 3 bums and become a mandatory challenger again.

Comment

Originally posted by tostao View Post
              i wonder how is rahman is mandatory to povetkin ? Beating Galen Brown 35-16-1 and Marcus McGee 22-17-0 ??? I doubt rahman will pass medical tests in the US . promoters don't care about rahman's health .
              What do you mean with the midical tests?? Rahman is done but i dont think hes injured or something. And seriously, he still can crack thats right and his favorite punch is the right hand and Povetkin gets hit verry often, even against lesser opponents so Rahman has a good punchers chance in this fight IMO.

Comment

povetkin has never been in the ring with a puncher. oruh, huck & chagaev all had povetkin wobbled at one point & none have an eraser right like rahman. rahman is past his best days but i give him a great shot at beating povetkin just because of his arsenal of punches. i don't think sasha hits hard enough to knock rahman out & i have no doubt rahman could take povetkin's best punch. rahman has always had stamina problems late in fights so sasha will need to test this but he was not in great shape vs huck & it showed. rahman fights best at 235-240 but i have seen him go 12 rounds with tua at 260 & he threw 80 punches a round so even at 260 rahman is dangerous. if rahman is under 250 then sasha better not try & slug it out or we will be seeing rahman\wlad 2...

Comment

Russian dudes tend to knock out Rahman. See Maskaeev twice. LOL.

Comment

WBA should be forbidden from sanctioning title matches at heavyweight. The past decade has been disgraceful all the way, with this being another in the long line of bad decisions that they've made since stripping Lennox Lewis of the title.

Rahman should be strongly suggested retirement on their part, not made a mandatory to another title shot (after showing nothing in a match against Wladimir over 3 years ago). He is old, fat and awful, having fought only once in the past year and a half, a contest for which he weighed in at over 280 pounds against a journeyman.

The Ruiz-Valuev-Chagaev era was bad enough for their reputation. But this is seriously bad and something should be done about it. The heavyweight division has suffered from their ill judgment long enough.
                    Last edited by TheGreatA; 03-09-2012, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X