Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which 4 heads would be on the Mount Rushmore of Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    Ali wouldn't have fought or died for his country. He would have done boxing exhibtions for troop morale and he knew it. You're right though, he was scared. Probably scared of a Sergeant outboxing him.
    another dumb statement by some idiot who dont understand the history or the struggle of africans in AMERICA. Ali's balls to stand up to the country for trying to use him for profit then leave him broken and damage after they used him, like they did Robinson and Joe Luis should be commended. Its easy to say whats right and wrong when your born a nobody in safe times like the idiot who said Ali was scared. Ali dedicated his sklls and gifts to GOD and his African people.He was very verbal about it and also very proud. No way was a man of hs statue and rank among the African American people going to parade around lke some circus act for a goverment that didnt respect his people. Times has changed a great deal now because of strong Black men like him .

Comment

It should be said the 4 faces that are on there now were not the original faces that were to be on there but thanks to the French guy who did the work. Originally it was to be famous persons that were from that state and this monument was done to attract people to this state. But now we see it as people that ment a lot to the U.S, i forget which indian chief was supposed to be on there along side these men but it wasn't or i've heard it on the other side of the mountain (which is a shame if true).

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
        Washington helped this nation be free from the rule of Britain and Jefferson was a founder of our Constitution. I won't go further cause that will make people even more sensitive, specially with the second class citizen thing and slavery.

I do begrudge him and if I was a real hater of him I would try to discredit anything he does but that's not the case since I've said he was a great boxer. I just don't like him as a person. No double standards here.
        For real thats part of your reasoning. Washington help the nation be free of British rule but kept slaves and ruled them. Jefferson founded a constitution that said all men were created equeal and should be able to pursue life, liberty and happiness but yet he owned slaves. WOW the things people say.

Comment

Originally posted by SWEETSCIENCE100 View Post
          another dumb statement by some idiot who dont understand the history or the struggle of africans in AMERICA. Ali's balls to stand up to the country for trying to use him for profit then leave him broken and damage after they used him, like they did Robinson and Joe Luis should be commended. Its easy to say whats right and wrong when your born a nobody in safe times like the idiot who said Ali was scared. Ali dedicated his sklls and gifts to GOD and his African people.He was very verbal about it and also very proud. No way was a man of hs statue and rank among the African American people going to parade around lke some circus act for a goverment that didnt respect his people. Times has changed a great deal now because of strong Black men like him .

Some of those comments i disagree with. And i think many blacks would disagree. Ali had his own agenda, he was known because of what he went through. In the end his own people let him down, the nation of Islam took most of all his money.

Thanks to some company that owns the Ali name and brand (pictures, autograph, name, video, etc.) Ali has money. Ali wasn't a saint, but he stood up to the government and said he was a Muslim.

Comment

It's all a matter of preference.

For me, it'd be "Sugar" Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Joe Louis, and Roberto Duran.

Comment

Or the Mayweather clan : Junior, Senior, Uncle Rog, and Jeff.

Comment

John L. Sullivan, Jack Johnson, Joe Luis, Muhammad Ali/Sugar Ray Robinson (if forced I'd go with Ali)

Comment

Working...
                X